Just Started Selling Final Expense

Re: Just Started

The leads I have are aged direct mail leads and are 4 years old. I got them really cheap. I wanted something a little fresher but that's what was available in my area. I went in thinking this will be good practice for my door approach and hopefully get to do a few presentations and then I write the first guy that lets me in!! Should be all down hill from here, right?:laugh:

J.D., I hear you on the appointments being so far out. I tried to set everyone for tomorrow or Saturday but no takers. I will be calling Monday to confirm those appointments.

Early in my career I did that too. It's take s while to find out that is not an efficient use of time. That was the hardest thing for me to learn in this business, to say no to the person that said they could see me in 3 days or next week.

joshuaejones1 said:
Even if they've moved, I would build some rapport with the current resident, something simple will work, like what kinda flowers are those...they really caught my eye as I walked up (people love talking about themselves) then transition into something like "We'll, John (make sure you've gotten their name) while I have you here, and then intro into a cold call sales pitch.

"Cold call sales pitch": One approach is to ask them "who do you have your life insurance with?" 9 times out of 10 they'll tell you, then you just take it from there.

I'd also love to know where/how you got the leads. Direct Mail? Telemarketing? Did you use a specific provider? PM if it's not appropriate to post here...

Back