Legacy Sageguard, FCGS , Dignity Planning

cptlbc724

Expert
OHIO
Any agents have clients that actually use these services??? I get how it's used as a sales tool and how it can benefit the client IF they actually use it. My concern is that I have been in homes with people who have had the FCGS from their Lincoln Heritage policy and were infact FCGS members , but they had no idea that they were.(policy had been in place for about a year) The agent was a strong agent for Lincoln so I doubt it was a weak effort on his part in presenting FCGS.

I have Monumental, American Memorial and AmCon. With my limited experience, I have yet to see client that actually uses these services. Since AmCon now uses Diginity, I thought there must be agents doing well with it. It just seems to me that if someone has waited until their 50s-80's to financially plan for their final expenses, chances are slim that they will take the initiative to sit down for 30 min to an hr and put on paper all of their pre planning ideas regarding their death.

My other concern about the dignity planning is that where I live in Ohio, the closest funeral home that is in their network is over an hour away. I have not used these add on services to write a policy in the way that it is suggested to and so far I am doing fine without it. If I am missing the big picture here, I would love feedback.

Any agents have clients that actually use these services??? I get how it's used as a sales tool and how it can benefit the client IF they actually use it. My concern is that I have been in homes with people who have had the FCGS from their Lincoln Heritage policy and were infact FCGS members , but they had no idea that they were.(policy had been in place for about a year) The agent was a strong agent for Lincoln so I doubt it was a weak effort on his part in presenting FCGS.

I have Monumental, American Memorial and AmCon. With my limited experience, I have yet to see client that actually uses these services. Since AmCon now uses Diginity, I thought there must be agents doing well with it. It just seems to me that if someone has waited until their 50s-80's to financially plan for their final expenses, chances are slim that they will take the initiative to sit down for 30 min to an hr and put on paper all of their pre planning ideas regarding their death.

My other concern about the dignity planning is that where I live in Ohio, the closest funeral home that is in their network is over an hour away. I have not used these add on services to write a policy in the way that it is suggested to and so far I am doing fine without it. If I am missing the big picture here, I would love feedback.

I am reluctant to use the DIgnity Planning tools because it can be a negative if they don't want to use the Dignity Funeral Homes. Even if they do want to use them they might start thinking about going in the funeral home and preplanning and cancel the FE policy.

I sell both preneed plans AND FE. The advantage of selling FE is that you DON'T get tied to funeral prices and all the extra time consuming work and decisions that go into funeral planning. FE is quick and easy. If you start trying to turn it into a funeral preplanning appointment you are going to bring up issues that you don't want to deal with...a big one being that you can't guarantee the funeral cost but if they go to the funeral home to buy their plan they WILL have a price guarantee.

I like to keep the FE simple and present the benefits that it is actually designed to have.

"I like to keep the FE simple and present the benefits that it is actually designed to have"

I'm with ya...It is a simple policy. I see no need to tie more to it for the extra sizzle factor.

Those Dignity Planning people (assuming they are the same ones) tried to screw me a couple of years ago with a 50% Foresters contract. It was either them or the FMO. Anyway they didn't even serve us lunch and nobody had their shite together. I got up and walked out. Losers!!!!!

The Legacy Safeguard with Monumental is OK. It just takes a couple of minutes to explain and fill out the form. I like that it's free to everyone who meets with you.

The version through Funeral Consumer Guardian Society is $299 and is a free giveaway IF they buy a Lincoln Heritage policy from you. In my opinion that could get you in deep doo-doo. I'm sure LH has lawyers that set this up to be legal within the laws but I bet if there is ever a class action lawsuit they would lose it.

It's pretty obvious that LH and FCGS are connected and it is a marketing gimmick to sell life insurance to seniors at a higher price than they would otherwise pay. Since they HAVE to buy a policy to get the "free" benefit I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole.

Newby is right, although Legacy Safeguard is starting to have those same "free features" now. With the free Legacy Safeguard membership the client gets the Walmart Drug Discount card which has shown in some situations to beat the discount that a client can get using their Med Plan D discount. They also have the Rememberance DVD that they will put together for the client if they buy the Funeral Trust or the Monumental FE that they just starting working with..

The jist of the the Funeral Trusts is that it protects the clients asset from Bankruptcy, Medicaid, Lawsuits. They are sold more to the market that: 1-Is planning on applying for Medicaid Shortly 2-Has a bank CD they had destined to pay for funeral costs anyway and now you can protect it and provide payment to the funeral home within 24hrs without a Death Cert 3-An Add on Sale for other products such as Annuities 4-Someone that has Cash Value built up in a FE or Life policy and wants to or has to stop making the premium payments on it.

**We aren't saying to not sell FE products, because truthfully they are cheaper for a healthy person. But, you still want something in your bag of options when the CV is built up in the policy and your FE client tells you they are applying for Medicaid to help with LTC expenses and you need a product to help qualify for the spend-down or your client can't qualify for FE, now you have an option to work with without telling them you can't do anything for them.

CPTLBC - I'm confused by your statement "It just seems to me that if someone has waited until their 50s-80's to financially plan for their final expenses, chances are slim that they will take the initiative to sit down for 30 min to an hr and put on paper all of their pre planning ideas regarding their death."

Are you planning on working the 20-40yr old market to sell FE policies to? That 50-90 market ARE the people that sit down for 30 minutes to talk about pre-arrangements...

"Are you planning on working the 20-40yr old market to sell FE policies to? That 50-90 market ARE the people that sit down for 30 minutes to talk about pre-arrangements... "

I see what you mean. What was meant by my comment was this. It is one thing to get a person in their 50's and 80's to sit down with you for 30 minutes to arrange a final expense policy. I think it's another thing to expect them to get their legacy safeguard packet in the mail 3 weeks later and expect them to sit down for however long and jot down the details of their memorial services....BTW, I only work with 50 and up.

The purpose for this thread was that I currently do not see the big picture with these add on services. I get emails constantly from my imo about exploding your sales through legacy safeguard. It's mumbo jumbo to me. I'm not a closed minded person and I am certainly open to new ideas. So if any vets have had sustained success using these services, I am all ears!

Back