Life and Health Cluster help

insurance Penguin

Hi,

I'm about to take qualification exams for Life and Health in Nevada. I haven't sold life insurance previously in the USA but i grew a company from scratch in the uk which now writes over 10 million pounds in annual premiums so i understand the overall business and structure.

I'm looking for advise to on whether it's possible/advisable to join a cluster for Life and Health. I have a strong relationship with AIG in the UK but I don't want to be tied to a particular provider at this stage. basically i'd like initial training and support on products with a strong commission structure and premiums (don't we all) I don't need leads as i'm well versed in building a book of clients.

I also have strong connections in Chicago with a few property lawyers so also wondered if the Nevada and Illinois are both covered on the general insurance exam.

Lastly any comments on the best quoting tool to use, i'm not sure how many their are for Life and Health here. Apologies if any of my questions miss the mark as i'm still getting used to a different way of writing insurance here.

any comments or guidance would be appreciated and i'm also happy to help others in a similar situation by return. Some of my experience crosses over very strongly from the UK market where insurance is much more sold and widespread than the american market, also keen to expand business contacts.

thanks

john

first get your home state, then you can get a non-resident license in Illinois. Also read though the forum, and get a feel of the business you may want to go after.

Not to be a pain in the butt, but more for informational purposes... I believe that we call then MGAs on the life side and Clusters or Aggregators (among other things) on the P&C side.

Back