Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance

Reply to Life and Health Cluster help     
Old 06-18-2017, 02:53 AM   #1

State: insurance Penguin is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Life and Health Cluster help Life and Health Cluster help
Hi,

I'm about to take qualification exams for Life and Health in Nevada. I haven't sold life insurance previously in the USA but i grew a company from scratch in the uk which now writes over 10 million pounds in annual premiums so i understand the overall business and structure.

I'm looking for advise to on whether it's possible/advisable to join a cluster for Life and Health. I have a strong relationship with AIG in the UK but I don't want to be tied to a particular provider at this stage. basically i'd like initial training and support on products with a strong commission structure and premiums (don't we all) I don't need leads as i'm well versed in building a book of clients.

I also have strong connections in Chicago with a few property lawyers so also wondered if the Nevada and Illinois are both covered on the general insurance exam.

Lastly any comments on the best quoting tool to use, i'm not sure how many their are for Life and Health here. Apologies if any of my questions miss the mark as i'm still getting used to a different way of writing insurance here.

any comments or guidance would be appreciated and i'm also happy to help others in a similar situation by return. Some of my experience crosses over very strongly from the UK market where insurance is much more sold and widespread than the american market, also keen to expand business contacts.

thanks

john
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Life and Health Cluster help
Old 06-18-2017, 10:50 AM   #2
Guru

State: b61mack is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
b61mack is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Life and Health Cluster help Re: Life and Health Cluster help
first get your home state, then you can get a non-resident license in Illinois. Also read though the forum, and get a feel of the business you may want to go after.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:35 PM   #3
Super Genius
entrep1776 on Life and Health Cluster help

State: entrep1776 is an Insurance Agent from
Life and Health Cluster help Re: Life and Health Cluster help
Originally Posted by insurance Penguin View Post
I don't need leads as i'm well versed in building a book of clients.
john
Hi John. Sounds like you did very well across the pond. Appreciate any hints or tips for lead generation.

If you wouldn't say it to someone in real life, why would you type it to someone on the Internet?
Reply to Life and Health Cluster help 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance