Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance

Reply to Looks Can Be Deceiving     
Old 07-30-2017, 01:06 PM   #1
Guru

State: Advisor06 is an Insurance Agent from New Jersey
Looks Can Be Deceiving Looks Can Be Deceiving
I went into commercial P&C thinking it would be an easier approach to personal lines considering consumers these days just want to price shop. What I have noticed is that businesses either won't let you past the gatekeeper or they won't leave their current agent because they are afraid of getting burned. I'm focusing on landscapers, plumbing, heating, auto body shops but have not been getting any luck. I was told these are the areas to focus on to get premium worth while to chase.

Not sure where to go from here...
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Looks Can Be Deceiving
Old 07-31-2017, 06:06 PM   #2
Guru
Cash on Looks Can Be Deceiving

State: Cash is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
Looks Can Be Deceiving Re: Looks Can Be Deceiving
Originally Posted by Advisor06 View Post
I went into commercial P&C thinking it would be an easier approach to personal lines considering consumers these days just want to price shop. What I have noticed is that businesses either won't let you past the gatekeeper or they won't leave their current agent because they are afraid of getting burned. I'm focusing on landscapers, plumbing, heating, auto body shops but have not been getting any luck. I was told these are the areas to focus on to get premium worth while to chase.

Not sure where to go from here...
Most markets are about the same, insurance or any other business. If there is a market with easy money then a bunch of people run into the market and it gets harder.

If the market becomes too hard then people leave it making the market easier or on par with the difficulty in other markets.

I would pick a market or a business that gives you the best chance of accomplishing what you want in life.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Looks Can Be Deceiving
Reply to Looks Can Be Deceiving 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance