Looks Can Be Deceiving

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
I went into commercial P&C thinking it would be an easier approach to personal lines considering consumers these days just want to price shop. What I have noticed is that businesses either won't let you past the gatekeeper or they won't leave their current agent because they are afraid of getting burned. I'm focusing on landscapers, plumbing, heating, auto body shops but have not been getting any luck. I was told these are the areas to focus on to get premium worth while to chase.

Not sure where to go from here...

I went into commercial P&C thinking it would be an easier approach to personal lines considering consumers these days just want to price shop. What I have noticed is that businesses either won't let you past the gatekeeper or they won't leave their current agent because they are afraid of getting burned. I'm focusing on landscapers, plumbing, heating, auto body shops but have not been getting any luck. I was told these are the areas to focus on to get premium worth while to chase.

Not sure where to go from here...

Most markets are about the same, insurance or any other business. If there is a market with easy money then a bunch of people run into the market and it gets harder.

If the market becomes too hard then people leave it making the market easier or on par with the difficulty in other markets.

I would pick a market or a business that gives you the best chance of accomplishing what you want in life.

Back