Market Research to Determine License Type (Med Supp or FE)

The restrictions are on Medicare Advantage. Not on Medicare Supplements or life insurance.

Rick

You have stooped to a new all time low of leeching off the smart guys. Now go show us some John-John style loop-d-loops in that airplane of yours. Over the ocean if possible.

I know this question is subjective, which type typically has a longer learning curve? And is the cost per lead roughly the same?

You can't go to existing customers and bring up the subject of Medicare Advantage.
Rick
What if I call my clients up and tell them that I am their life insurance agent and would like to do a review of their insurance policies. When I get to their home, they bring up the topic of their health insurance, medicare, or advantage!

Can I have them sign the scopey thingy, at that point?:swoon:

I know this question is subjective, which type typically has a longer learning curve? And is the cost per lead roughly the same?

Not a lot of difference. FE is probably slightly easier to learn initially because of Medicare having two different systems to learn and understand (original and Part C) plus all the different enrollment periods for Part C.

What if I call my clients up and tell them that I am their life insurance agent and would like to do a review of their insurance policies. When I get to their home, they bring up the topic of their health insurance, medicare, or advantage!

Can I have them sign the scopey thingy, at that point?:swoon:

As long as they bring it up then according to CMS rules you should be fine. But you need to be careful about being accused of "bait and switch." And once they bring up Part D and/or MA you do get that scopey thing completed.

The reality is it is almost impossible for you to get in trouble with your own clients. Someone has to turn you in which is unlikely.

Would I do it? My job is to help my clients.

Rick

What if I call my clients up and tell them that I am their life insurance agent and would like to do a review of their insurance policies. When I get to their home, they bring up the topic of their health insurance, medicare, or advantage! Can I have them sign the scopey thingy, at that point?:swoon:

To be compliant THEY have to bring up Medicare Advantage. Which is difficult because they don't know what it is.

FE is much easier to learn than Medicare supplements. Learning medicare is like learning a foreign language. Once you are fluent in that foreign language it's an easier sale than FE.

Medicare advantage and PDP are also another language.

Latest posts

Back