Market Research to Determine License Type (Med Supp or FE)

You seem to be the only one saying things are impossible. So I agree, don't listen to you.

As for the aberration, I don't think anyone has ever told anyone to not be an aberration. I've seen people accurately described as an aberration. And I would certainly tell anyone to not set out to be an aberration. They should follow the tried and true. If they happen to become an aberration then that's good.

Since this is the getting started forum I would think a new agent should follow a proven path? Not start out with new ideas.

History is history, admitted or not.

I completely agree on new people starting with tried and true. Kinda what I said, find a couple people that are doing what you want to do. Narrow that list to the people that fit your needs and skills. Listen to them not the people that tell you it can not be done. And do what they teach constantly. Which seems is a huge power of yours, constancy.

Thanks Lee.

Dweezil - I did a video discussing whether or not an agent can (edit: I can't post URL's) sell final expense part-time.

Basically, you have to give your part-time commitment a FULL-TIME effort.

That means buying leads, and working nights and weekends, are all required to have success if selling on a part-time basis.

I did it personally for a period of time, as well as several of my current agents.

Thanks, like I said I'm sure the truth is in the middle. I haven't found a reason it would be impossible unless you make it impossible. As you pointed out in the video I'm not able to give up the income I have for the time being but am fine with working more.

My current job is enough to pay the bills and put some money in the bank, but it would be years before I could save enough to properly go out on my own.

My expectations would be the following:

0-3 months get licensed and start learning products and carriers. Make some sales but don't expect to earn a much to cover the cost of starting up. I figure that's the cost of an education.

3-6 months: Improve skills and to keep business on the books long term. By this point I'm expecting to regularly bank some cash but not quite enough net to leave my current position.

6-12 months: By this point I should be looking to leave my current position as my net FE income should surpass what I'm currently making.

12 months+: Profit! If I decide to add a second type of insurance like Medicare Supplements this would be the time to start on that since I've just cleared 45-50 hours a week from my schedule.

From what I've read on the forum it seems that my goals may be too conservative if anything. I don't have a problem with an accelerated schedule and if I'm on my own at less than the 6 month mark that's a plus. The bar I have set for net income isn't that high but I'd rather set some realistic expectations from the start. I'm not expecting to clear $2K a week at the start, that just sounds tough for the first 3 months but I would love to be wrong.

Back