Marketing 101 for Insurance Agents

I've been an agent, and working with agents now for about 7 years. In that time I have learned allot, and made myself allot of money. There are basic marketing principals that any agents should apply. Here are my thoughts:

#1 Treat your business like a business - Being an insurance agent takes work. You have to treat your venture like any other small business. You will need to have a plan, and act on that plan. One of those plans, is a marketing plan.

You need to market yourself, your services, and your product to produce a constant influx of leads. Without marketing, you wont be getting the majority of sales you could be getting.

Key components to agent marketing include:

Prospecting
Working Web Leads
Conducting Seminars
"Fish Bowl" lead collection
Websites and Online Response Pages
Referrals

Its critical that you work with all of these components or you will have an ineffective marketing plan. Every one of the above ads value. True it takes time, and some money, but welcome to running your own business my friends. Put in the time and money and you will have the results you expect. Don't be afraid to invest in yourself!

Some good site I use include:

Advisor Agent Leads (Prospect-Pro - Exclusive Prospects and customer relations management software to manage them while you work them)

Insurance Leads - Quality Insurance Online Leads (Web Leads - Hot leads ....there are pros and cons with these

Norvax - Insurance Sales Automation, Health Insurance Quoting, Insurance Leads & Marketing - same deal as above

Here's a nice visual aid on marketing for agents I picked up from the folks at Advisor Agent Leads (thanks guys)

Prospecting_Pie_Chart.jpg

Well...you took a fair amount of time posting this, so I thought I would at least recognize it.

But honestly, right now, I'm more interested in Gavin Floyd's start against the Indians tomorrow night. I just picked him up and need seven strong innings out of him.

Moon: I have noticed lately a rather deliberate message communicated by your Avatars... demeaning our 44th Prez.

Well, it's nothing personal, but I'm not only desperately concerned about financial mess that my kids and grandkids (when/if they come along) will inherit...

I think it's also a very dangerous time to be a pacificist. The best negotiating is done from a position of strength.

Back