Mike Russ Insurance Schools

rob

Anyone used Mike Russ for P&C license? I used the new online course and was getting about 80% on the practice tests so I took the state exam and failed miserably I also took the exam prep class the day before.Not really sure about Mike Russ so far the practice test that I took were nothing like the state test.

:nah:

Anyone used Mike Russ for P&C license? I used the new online course and was getting about 80% on the practice tests so I took the state exam and failed miserably I also took the exam prep class the day before.Not really sure about Mike Russ so far the practice test that I took were nothing like the state test.

:nah:

I used them For Life, P&C and I think For my 6. Past all three first go round.

Now it may have changed a bit since 1985 though. Sadly unlike my wardrobe.

hahaha..*your wardrobe!

I have not used Mike Russ, however do have a bit of experience with examfx.

While it does have quite a bit to do with actually taking the test, you should do fine if you really know your material. Perhaps there are resources at your testing center to have longer to take it?

I have never used Russ...but..
When I was entering this commercial P&C business a little over a year ago, I went in with zero knowledge.

Don't memorize the practice questions!The real test will be very different ( same questions can be reverse worded!)

Learn the material...and you should be aceing the practice questions. "About 80" on practice test is a fail in the real world.

WARNING!!! Don't send your employees or agents to Mike Russ Financial Training Centers. They own an insurance agency, Pipeline Insurance, and make it a regular practice to solicit jobs to their "alumni" (your employees). I confronted them on this issue and they said they have no intention of changing their practices.

WARNING!!! Don't send your employees or agents to Mike Russ Financial Training Centers. They own an insurance agency, Pipeline Insurance, and make it a regular practice to solicit jobs to their "alumni" (your employees). I confronted them on this issue and they said they have no intention of changing their practices.
spoke to the ceo of mike russ school this is what he sent, said he sent to you?

Mike, here is the situation regarding the email that has upset you:

We have had a job board on our Mike Russ Club website for the last couple years and send out an email every couple weeks to our alumni that are seeking employment. These job opportunities are provided to us by different companies and all their details are posted on our website. On this particular email we sent out for a $12 an hour secretary position in Chula Vista to past alumni in our database trying to fill a position and get a good person employed. If you took offense to this email we apologize and would like to propose a resolution so that this does not happen again. Proposal: if you provide us with the email addresses of your staff we will delete them from our database and they will receive no more email communication in the future from our company or just verify to delete all emails ending in "glquote.com"

Regarding sending out information on public forums or to other industry professionals that is something I cannot control on your end and based upon "gl quote.com" in your email address I assume you understand what can and cannot be said.

If you would like to discuss this matter further my personal cell phone number is xxx-xxx-xxxx or you may email me.

We do appreciate your business and there was no intention of "stealing" any of your agents as we have never done that or ever will. Please give me any recommendations to a resolution in writing so I can make sure my company/staff understands what the arrangements will be.

Thank you for your time and enjoy your day.

spoke to the ceo of mike russ school this is what he sent, said he sent to you?

Mike, here is the situation regarding the email that has upset you:

We have had a job board on our Mike Russ Club website for the last couple years and send out an email every couple weeks to our alumni that are seeking employment. These job opportunities are provided to us by different companies and all their details are posted on our website. On this particular email we sent out for a $12 an hour secretary position in Chula Vista to past alumni in our database trying to fill a position and get a good person employed. If you took offense to this email we apologize and would like to propose a resolution so that this does not happen again. Proposal: if you provide us with the email addresses of your staff we will delete them from our database and they will receive no more email communication in the future from our company or just verify to delete all emails ending in "glquote.com"

Regarding sending out information on public forums or to other industry professionals that is something I cannot control on your end and based upon "gl quote.com" in your email address I assume you understand what can and cannot be said.

If you would like to discuss this matter further my personal cell phone number is xxx-xxx-xxxx or you may email me.

We do appreciate your business and there was no intention of "stealing" any of your agents as we have never done that or ever will. Please give me any recommendations to a resolution in writing so I can make sure my company/staff understands what the arrangements will be.

Thank you for your time and enjoy your day.

Yes that is accurate. He did send me this email. But the email is misleading.

The first misleading statement: "These job opportunities are provided to us by different companies and all their details are posted on our website." The job solicitation which was sent to almost all of my employees (Mike Russ alumni) was for a job at Pipeline Insurance General Agency, which is owned by the same people that own the school.

My request was that they discontinue the practice of soliciting job opportunities to their client's employees (Mike Russ alumni). I requested that they discontinue the practice altogether, not just for emails ending in glquote.com

I've sent well over 100 agents and employees to their school over the past 20 years. I believe that what they are doing is unethical. I was shocked when James Russ told me that he feels ok with doing what they did, and doesn't plan to change anything. Employers shouldn't have to worry about their employees getting picked off by the school that paid to send them to.

Back