Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance

Reply to Mortgage Protection Insurance by Phone??     
Old 05-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
Super Genius

State: tesflex is an Insurance Agent from Hawaii
Mortgage Protection Insurance by Phone?? Mortgage Protection Insurance by Phone??
Anyone know anything about this or tried it?

Worksmartermortgageprotection dot com

I think this system is now being used by the Equita program to sell mortgage protection over the phone.

Main carrier - Mutual of Omaha.

Seems interesting but almost too good to be true and I can not find any details on this anywhere except this website and a few videos on youtube:

Sgbinsuranceagency dot com

I know there are a lot of very experienced people on this forum. Would be interested in your thoughts.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Mortgage Protection Insurance by Phone??
Old 05-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
Super Genius
nka245 on Mortgage Protection Insurance by Phone??

State: nka245 is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Mortgage Protection Insurance by Phone?? Re: Mortgage Protection Insurance by Phone??
Mutual of Omaha requires in person appointments with the client for their non-med product except for with one IMO because they have a "defined source" for their client base. I asked two different people at MOO about the phone sales within the last week. From what I gather the only place allowed to do phone sales for the non med is a place that targets people from the church of god in christ.

Louise Jackson-Marquez
Jackson Financial
direct: 214-927-6546
Old 05-09-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
Guru
GreenSky on Mortgage Protection Insurance by Phone??

State: GreenSky is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
GreenSky is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Mortgage Protection Insurance by Phone?? Re: Mortgage Protection Insurance by Phone??
Originally Posted by nka245 View Post
Mutual of Omaha requires in person appointments with the client for their non-med product except for with one IMO because they have a "defined source" for their client base. I asked two different people at MOO about the phone sales within the last week. From what I gather the only place allowed to do phone sales for the non med is a place that targets people from the church of god in christ.
That's because christians (at least from that church) wouldn't ever lie.

Rick
Old 05-09-2009, 09:03 PM   #4
Super Genius
brkrsrevolution on Mortgage Protection Insurance by Phone??

State: brkrsrevolution is an Insurance Agent from Ohio
I sat in on a webinar with these guys just a few nights ago. Lamar Skipper headed it up and the concept they are using actually looks pretty good but their comp structure is way too low and their fees for their lead program are way too high! They want $495 per month and only pay like 60% contract but state you can move up your contract to a higher level based on production their scale tops out at 100%, to get to a 100% contract you need to be doing $200,000 monthly for 3 straight months of issued business. I told them no thanks and am currently looking at a few other options for Mortgage Protection Tele Sales, I will let you know what I find.

50% of all people are below average

Matt McCray
Final Expense Training for Agents online 24/7

www.FEXSuccess.com
Old 05-09-2009, 09:17 PM   #5
Guru

State: bluemarlin08 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
bluemarlin08 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
I did it by phone for a couple of years and did well until the leads started drying up then all the deals got adjusted. Still can be done but ROI shrinks, gotta have a big data base.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #6
Super Genius
rbrewer on Mortgage Protection Insurance by Phone??

State: rbrewer is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Have you looked at S&L Solutions out of Georgia? They sent a flyer to do mort over phone, I don't know anything about them anybody have any info?
Old 05-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #7
Super Genius
brkrsrevolution on Mortgage Protection Insurance by Phone??

State: brkrsrevolution is an Insurance Agent from Ohio
never heard of them and just did a quick google search for s & l solutions and came up with nodda. (maybe i didnt look far enough)

did their mailer have a web address on it?
Old 05-10-2009, 07:13 AM   #8
Super Genius

No web address. Here is the what the email said they sent me. Contracts thru F&G Foresters and UHL, have several lead sources including auto dialers. Any questions contact laurie Cooke 678-493-0485 office ad min Shelly Spearman
770-249-2974 email [email protected]. Let me know if you find any info? Thanks
Old 05-10-2009, 10:54 AM   #9
Super Genius
nka245 on Mortgage Protection Insurance by Phone??

State: nka245 is an Insurance Agent from Texas
I do MP over the phone but NOT with MOO. 60% comp is ridiculous unless they are providing you with QUALITY leads for free. I think most, if not all, free lead programs suck. If you do the math, you are better off paying to generate your own leads and getting a better comp. The problem is most agents don't WORK so they buy leads, don't work them and then cry about being broke.

Louise Jackson-Marquez
Jackson Financial
direct: 214-927-6546
Old 05-11-2009, 06:57 PM   #10
Super Genius

I don't even know what the comp is, It does not matter if they are jacks. I was just trying to get some info on them first. Do you know anything about them?

So true about free leads and agents not working the leads. If they don't laydown for them they say the leads suck
Reply to Mortgage Protection Insurance by Phone?? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance