Mortgage Protection Vs Final Expense

Originally Posted by GreenSky View Post

Grab a bit of ethics instead of being a dishonest jackass.

Rick

you must be a republican
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Why? Did he get audited?

It's important for agents to make it clear that they are insurance agents. Your title is not "underwriter".

But I have been pointed out by many agents that many companies do call us their field underwriters. Settlers Life just sent me their new agent guide last week and it referred to us field underwriting and called us their field underwriters many times.

I have started explaining on appointments that the reason the companies can't just mail rates out through the mail is because not everyone qualifies for the same thing. The competitive companies require an agent to to do the initial underwriting interview before we give them rates so we know what they should be qualified to apply for.

It is a good way to explain what we do. But we are still licensed as insurance agents. That is our title.

Outstanding answer and 100% true.:noteworthy:.:noteworthy: I just adopted it as my original idea! :)

Every agent either knows or should know that he or she has initial field underwriting responsibilities. Fact finding and asking health questions (FU) is part of our job, but it's not our job title.

I believe agents who purport themselves as "state approved and licensed field underwriters" are attempting to dupe the public who know what an insurance agent is but most have no earthly idea what a SALFU is.

What Newby said is the best explanation but doesn't really delve into the reason why certain agents brand themselves as SALFUs to the public. We all know the reason and it's to deceive, confuse, or otherwise befuddle a prospect who has no idea.

My .02 and probably only worth a penny.

Every agent either knows or should know that he or she has initial field underwriting responsibilities. Fact finding and asking health questions (FU) is part of our job, but it's not our job title.

I believe agents who purport themselves as "state approved and licensed field underwriters" are attempting to dupe the public who know what an insurance agent is but most have no earthly idea what a SALFU is.

What Newby said is the best explanation but doesn't really delve into the reason why certain agents brand themselves as SALFUs to the public. We all know the reason and it's to deceive, confuse, or otherwise befuddle a prospect who has no idea.

My .02 and probably only worth a penny.

All these titles agents tend use are to try to assure the consumer they are something other than what they actually are. If can't be proud of being a sales agent/producer then find another job and quit making us obscure titles.

Since this has turned into a thread on job titles this is my chance to ask what are the specific differences between an independent insurance "agent" and a "broker"?

Sent from my IPhone

So should he use "State Approved Field Underwriting Insurance Sales Agent Producer"? lol

Since this has turned into a thread on job titles this is my chance to ask what are the specific differences between an independent insurance "agent" and a "broker"?

Sent from my IPhone

An agent represents the company.. a broker represents the client. The terms tend to be mistakenly used interchangeably but there can be a difference in liability.

Back