Most profitable insurance to sell?

alphadog1688

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone can guide me to what is the top paying insurance to sell...I just renewed my Fire and Casualty license here in California.

I found from yahoo answers that construction and surety bonds are the way to go...

And I also went to Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed to compare average incomes in the los angeles...and sure enough surety bonds outrank P/C and health insurance in average earnings...

THANKS!

P.S. - Btw, here's the comparison link...

property casualty insurance, health insurance, surety bond Salaries in Los Angeles, CA - Free Salary Search

Don't confuse job posting salaries with being an agent. The money a true agent can earn is more than if you are an employee of an agent.

It is really more about what you want to do. You can make a decent living in almost any area of insurance if you are passionate about it.

Like Chumps said, P&C was great before the internet, now it's even better. At least in California, the most expensive way to buy insurance is through the internet, so I'm able to replace those policies very easily, and make a good living doing it.

The number of surety bond positions available that pay what this survey indicated must be very, very small. I write surety bonds (P&C and Health as well), and it is a very minor portion of my book of business. They pay decent, but I'd starve on that portion of my business.

Dan

Eddie, if you are killing pets I wouldn't make an issue out of that. Some folks might take offense . . .

Life Insurance pays the highest commission percentages. That having been said, it doesn't have great renewals, so it isn't self sustaning. Health pays a lower initial commission, a little better on the residual. P&C is similar. It all depends on what you can do the best selling. Some people find P&C an easier product to sell, based on the fact that Homeowners and Car insurance are required in most states.

Dave

I have been selling a lot of Medicaid and CHIPS lately.

I still haven't seen any commission checks, I am starting to think it is possibly not commissionable?

I like Long-Term Care Insurance. FYCs are a minimum of 40% of premium and can reach 86% based on your productivity; the renewals are 12% for years 2 through 10 and 6% thereafter as long as premiums are being paid. Persistency on the product is close to 100% so you can build a very nice annuity for yourself.

Back