MS - FE - Thoughts..

NuUzr

Guru
100+ Post Club
Not sure which direction to go. Some say - do both... but I need to focus on one and gain traction before getting twisted up with two in the beginning.

FE-Great upfron $. Supposedly pretty bad renewals. MS - low up front but pretty good residuals. The knock on MS is you better have another stream on income cause it's starvation mode for 6 plus months.

Frankly - I live in a very cold weather state -- winters can be very long--very. Driving around in -21 , -3 , -6 degree weather with severe wind gusts doesn't appeal to me. not to mention the traffic danger.. BUT - there are reps doing it in my area. upper Midwest - close to MN..

That $$$ in FE is very attractive though.

Anyway -- looking for some insight from anyone who's experienced with those two fields..

Choosing a good IMO/mentor is the next hurdle. LOTS of mlm'ers on here.. I hear having a mentor is crucial to success.

Anyway--any thoughts..

Not sure which direction to go. Some say - do both... but I need to focus on one and gain traction before getting twisted up with two in the beginning.

FE-Great upfron $. Supposedly pretty bad renewals. MS - low up front but pretty good residuals. The knock on MS is you better have another stream on income cause it's starvation mode for 6 plus months.

Frankly - I live in a very cold weather state -- winters can be very long--very. Driving around in -21 , -3 , -6 degree weather with severe wind gusts doesn't appeal to me. not to mention the traffic danger.. BUT - there are reps doing it in my area. upper Midwest - close to MN..

Anyway -- looking for some insight from anyone who's experienced with those two fields..

Choosing a good IMO/mentor is the next hurdle. LOTS of mlm'ers on here.. I hear having a mentor is crucial to success.

Anyway--any thoughts..

Do you ever get -2, -7 or -10 degree weather? Too bad you couldn't get paid for being a professional procrastinator. You would be loaded...

Anyway--any thoughts..

You definitely figured one of the most important things out - make sure you master one niche before getting involved in another.

One important aspect when comparing FE v. Med Supp is phone sales v. F2F. It sounds like from your post you would be selling FE face to face but if you were selling Med Supp you would be selling over the phone.

Do you have experience in selling over the phone?

That being said - majority of the Med Supp agents I speak with are selling over the phone now.

I wrote an article last year comparing these 2 niches which might help :):

The Differences Between Final Expense and Medicare Supplements - Lead Heroes

Anyway--any thoughts..

Neither is that hard to learn. If you learn the Med Supps first, then you have already learned much about FE as the questions are very much the same. There are differences though. But either way, it's up to you. Just pick one and go after it if you feel that you must only pick one to begin with. Or guess what, learn both at the same time. Whether you think you can or think you can't....you're right!

Many will tell you that you can't learn both at the same time. Of the ones telling you that I'll bet that 90% of them did not even attempt to do both. I learned Med Supps, FE, Long Term Care, and Annuities all at the same time and I'm no genius.

Back