Mutual of Omaha

My bad then...didn't catch it when I wrote that.

Actually I take my comment back. I don't really care what he's for either.

My bad then...didn't catch it when I wrote that.

Actually I take my comment back. I don't really care what he's for either.

Not your bad, The Brokerage Resource guys bad.
I thought this Gerber/MOO issue was discussed and clarified.

Does anyone have any info on Mutual of Omaha as far as commission structure, compensation for captive agents, competitiveness of their life and variable products etc...?
Tried to find anything through search engine [no luck] so far..

MoO agents are 1099'd with respect to their income. If you decide to join them as a career agent, be prepared for the income surprises that haunt you. For example, if a client purchases life insurance, pays monthly, and then lapses the policy in month 10...you'll be charged back the entire commission you were paid...not pro-rated.

They aren't that competitive with respect to their life products. Their LTC is fair, their LTD is ok as far as blue/grey collar occupations, their Broker-Dealer setup is a joke, and last but not least, their compensation plan is as convoluted as anything I've ever seen.

Does anyone have any info on Mutual of Omaha as far as commission structure, compensation for captive agents, competitiveness of their life and variable products etc...?
Tried to find anything through search engine [no luck] so far..

You would be better served as an independent vs career.
Their products are not that competitive - but have some nice features. They offer eapp on some of their products as well.

Assurity for example is about 1/2 the price on premium when it comes to non med. I think MoO can go higher face than Assurity for Non Med but the shortest they do is 15 year.

Commission rocks as an indy.

Thanks for the input guys :)
P.S
If you were to choose between MoO and MetLife where would you go first?

Thanks for the input guys :)
P.S
If you were to choose between MoO and MetLife where would you go first?

Where ever I had a better vibe from the office. Where you believe the manager is going to invest the time in you to properly train you. Where they have a marketing plan for you to follow.

Latest posts

Back