Mutual Of Omaha

I have done it all,from personal lines to commercial lines, am a MUT agent, and I can vouch that selling life/health is a lot better for lots of reasons, inc luding the money. The best part is that it leads you into the finacial services area. Thats were you really should focus. It's better to learn how to sell insurance and go the investments, etc than the other way around. I do reconmend working with an independent agency, as long as they don't take any of your commisions, clients, don't charge for rent, and provide you with prospecting/marketing credit. Otherwise, captive agencies like MUT are great, because you need to walk before you learn how to run and they have a decient training program.

I am also interviewing with Farmers, and New England Financial. I have my second interview with both of them. Do you agree that I should lean more towards New England Financial since it is pretty much similar to Mutual of Omaha? I am also new to the insurance business.

In your experience do people that start as insurance agents, and like their job after a few years, stick with it or do they try to move to other things like district managers later in their careers?

I am an independent agent, I go where I want to go, do what I want to do when I want to do it and answer to no one. Well that isn't totally true, every once in a while Jacqueline does ask some questions.

Why would I want to give all of that up, take a cut in pay and have to go to work every day? I had a very good "real job" that I really liked. The reason I left it was to put me back in charge of my life. Besides, I don't "play well with others". :D

I am also interviewing with Farmers, and New England Financial. I have my second interview with both of them. Do you agree that I should lean more towards New England Financial since it is pretty much similar to Mutual of Omaha? I am also new to the insurance business.

I would choose NEF, if giving that choice over farmers. You want a company that gives you lots of choices and advancement. NEF certainly does. I'm not a NEF fan, but lots of people like them. I find MUT is more laid back but very conservative. 99% of new agents drop out in the first five years, as an industry fact. So, just make sure your not going with a company that plans to "weed" you out. Having said that, if your driven enough, you should do fine. And, it really doesn't matter as long as your company has fexibility for advancement, professional development programs, propecting program, cfp program, and is geared for high net people (ie:Financial Advisor program, selling investments, 401ks, insurance, executive comp, premium financing, nq deferred comp, etc). I'm not sure about farmers but NEF is def would have these things and thats what you need in this industry. I hope that helps

I really like the idea of having a job that I could potentially make 6 figures if I work at it, sounds like it should stay interesting for quite a while.
In your experience do people that start as insurance agents, and like their job after a few years, stick with it or do they try to move to other things like district managers later in their careers?

I have seen agents choose management over sales. None I have seen were the superstars. Most were mediocre agents that tired of prospecting. Funny thing though is that the prospecting does not end because managers in insurance have recruitment requirements. The career continuum (for the smart agents) is after a stint as a manager/DM you watch for a good solid book of business from a departing agent, take it over, and go back to being an agent again.
;)

I just picked up MOO final expense and turned in some 20 policies over the last 3-4 weeks. First check came in and it was not annualized. I 'bout cried. As I checked around with my GA (I'm independent) they tell me that most agencies do not pay annualized as it makes them banks. They will release me however. Anybody know an agency I can get with, and not be captive who pays MOO annualized? Thanks much!

I just picked up MOO final expense and turned in some 20 policies over the last 3-4 weeks. First check came in and it was not annualized. I 'bout cried. As I checked around with my GA (I'm independent) they tell me that most agencies do not pay annualized as it makes them banks. They will release me however. Anybody know an agency I can get with, and not be captive who pays MOO annualized? Thanks much!

go direct. what state are you in?

While MOO does a good fe product in some areas, if you are buying your own leads.. You should get Forethought, Royal Neighbors, Oxford, and Presidental for your GI. I am not a recruiter just curious... but what kind of contract level did you have with MOO?

In terms of Volume, how much f.e. did u write in the past month?

While MOO does a good fe product in some areas, if you are buying your own leads.. You should get Forethought, Royal Neighbors, Oxford, and Presidental for your GI. I am not a recruiter just curious... but what kind of contract level did you have with MOO?

In terms of Volume, how much f.e. did u write in the past month?

I'm in NC and probably collected some $800-$900 of premium this month. But now it's Medicare Advantage season, so that will slow down for a while.

I don't care if you area recruiter. I'm looking for a place. Got suggestions?

I am an independent agent, I go where I want to go, do what I want to do when I want to do it and answer to no one. Well that isn't totally true, every once in a while Jacqueline does ask some questions.............. :D
Frank how long have you been married? I have been told that there are two words that make for a happy marriage: "Yes! Dear! Is that true? :D:D

Back