My Title at the Office

"From his point of view, I am sure that he appreciates what you bring to the table, but you are not bringing in enough of your own business to create a need for another CSR."

The principal has admitted himself that he has me doing too much service work. He has delegated some away from me but to a person who is only in the office 2 days per week and has other duties (accounting and general office management).

So how can I bring in my own business? I am networking and quoting friends, neighbors, etc. and there is a large amount of prospects in the database. As I noted in another reply, the office is very disorganized and I have a hard time sifting through the prospects. Some are in the database and are very old and some are in paper files next to my desk.

When I was hired I thought I would be marketing not servicing. I do no want to service anymore.

Ariana

Yeah, I'm thinking I will have to do that. I just have been through so many jobs in the past few years. I'm sick of making these changes. - And sick of working for people. I want to work for myself. Just don't have the capital.

Ugh.

Everyone - Thanks for all your support and advice! It has really helped.

Ariana

Get a plan B in place then go to your boss and ask if he had rather have you as a sales agent or not at all. Then you maybe able to negotiate something worth while but be prepared to walk.

Yeah, I'm thinking I will have to do that. I just have been through so many jobs in the past few years. I'm sick of making these changes. - And sick of working for people. I want to work for myself. Just don't have the capital.

Ugh.

Everyone - Thanks for all your support and advice! It has really helped.

Ariana

Look into New York Life or Combined -- they have some sort of starting salary/draw you can use to get off the ground running.

Everything Shawn has said is correct. What about "Licensed Insurance Agent" or something. If you are licensed and it is your job to go out and make sales, you should have a title that reflects that and your boss should understand that for some people a title is important. Don't let your title hinder the opportunity of making a sale. Business cards are easy to change and depending on the quality can be pretty cheap. It is however your job to sell yourself and let your clients know how qualified you are..a title is important but being able to sell your title is more important.

Back