MY TOP 10 TIPS FOR NEW AGENTS (Life Insurance mainly)

Someone needs to make a top ten list of things to ask the GA before you go captive with solid and reputable companies like MOO, mass, NYL, guardian, and nwm etc... For new agents
I know it's the agency that makes or breaks the experience so what exactly should I find out during the interview. Close to me in Denver is MOO office and a NYL office. Mass has a Satellite office downtown too.
I feel I need to be captive for a while to get product and sales training.
Sent from my IPhone

Last edited:
DHK pointed out some that are still in captive situations until this day.

Your missing the point. The training and management at the captives these days are nothing like the captives of old....Now granted I am taking this from some agents that are older than me. But they point out things started going down hill when NY limited commission of life.

Thanks for the advise, I'm a new agent trying to figure out how to get a decent income in this business. As of right now I have been paid all of less than , $500 in more than 4 months. Need to find a way to be making 1200 plus per week hopefully. Seriousely looking at your list, gonna run with that advise and hoping FE in California can get me there. Thanks again

Thank you for this post! I am a newbie trying to figure out what company is a good company to learn with. I have been contacted by Aflac but am looking into NYL.
How do you suggest learning the 403b market starting out?
How do I email Baggins415. I am interested in this and I live in California.
Jack

----------

I have lots to say on the subject. But it's fairly complicated compared to other markets and would be impossible to lay out here. All I can say is that it's well worth the time invested though if you really apply yourself.
I train agents on this in California - maybe someday in other states. Drop me a line/email if you'd like to get on my emailing list.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Good question,
If you know what you are doing and careful about presenting, permanent life insurance, EIUL, UL, makes an incredible alternative to a 403b annuity - or mutual fund for that matter.
Also,
Assuming your client will also have a pension there's a great life insurance need for protecting the pension for a spouse. Because in California for example....when the pensioner dies- the pensions dies with them. This can be 6 or 7,000 per month.
It's true there are beneficiary option within pension plans...but these are EXTREMELY expensive (at least in CA).
Check your own state for these figures.
I have software that calculates the beneficiary costs of pension succession - when a client sees this the perm life insurance becomes a complete NO BRAINER.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm so sorry I haven't won your approval. I'm going to spend the rest of the day crying.
Thanks, a lot!

How do I drop you a line or email? I am in California and interested in the 403b.
Lee

Ok, my apologies in advance if this is not the right place for this.....I'm looking for a good company to work part time in order to get my feet wet. I have my Ohio life and health and would like to sell life part time as I work towards my series 6 and 66. my long term goal is to be a financial advisor. I currently work as a loan officer for a bank originating new mortgages for purchases and refinances. I interviewed with transamerica and liked what they said but don;'t know enough to determine whether that is a good place to start or not

How do I email Baggins415. I am interested in this and I live in California.
Jack

Not sure if Baggins is still around in the 403b business.

He had a business that taught people how to target and sleep with single moms.

When that was found out, he never returned.

Last edited:
I don't think being captive is all that bad. One just has to be willing to walk away if they are getting no support; however, with support and a good manager being captive can be a lot better than being Indy when starting out.

I'm pretty sure Baggins failed out pretty quickly after he arrived here back in 2011. If you read through all the old posts here on the forum you will see case after case of these guys.

You could try to send him an email through his forum name to see if he's still alive at all.

It's been 3 years since his last post.

This was a great read!

I am a newbie in this industry. At the moment, I am in the process of being licensed to be a life insurance agent. Once I'm done with that, I can't wait to explore this career. I have lots of ideas and ambitions already synced in my brain. Your notions are similar to mines as I do believe you always have to try new things and keep persisting through.

Thanks for this post!! It's a great motivator and could be a great tool for success.

Latest posts

Back