NAA New Agent, Should I Stay or Jump Ship?

If you haven't been licensed with those carriers yet, since you just passed today. Call them directly and let them know you are not going with NAA. You have to be licensed before they can contract, so they haven't put the paperwork in yet. You can also call NAA and tell them to save their money in fees. Good luck

Arrggh!! (I cant PM yet!!)
About 1/3 of the contract is full of stipulations about this stuff and since I have already signed it, I think I shot myself in the foot.

Again they can't license you UNTIL you have a license. So tell em upfront you've changed your mind. If they haven't paid anything they're really not out anything but time.
If they're going to be dicks about it, offer to take them to court. Besides it sounds like 3 companies out of several hundred.

Going forward get a copy of anythng you sign and read it before you sign. As a way out if that's what you want to do is to look and see if there is a time limit on the signed contract to walk away. There is a difference between the IMO and the insurance companies so just because you signed a contract with the company it may not mean you signed up with any carriers. In short give the contract a good read a few times..

Thank you so much for your help forum genius'. I greatly appreciate it.

I found out that as long as I had not contracted with the individual insurance companies themselves that I was ok. I did not go with NAA and what a relief! I realllllly thought I screwed up before I even got started!

I went with NIA/NCC out of Texas. Got my Missouri licence and my non-resident licences for KS,AR, and OK are approved and in the mail (I hope). I went with NIA/NCC mainly because I can sell just about everything I am licenced for (health/life) and they advance commissions, which for a new guy like myself is going to be a big help.

Thanks again

I was with NAA and built an agency that produced 1.4 million in annual premium. I got the ring and all that sh*t. When the bottom falls out, look out! I've been out of the insurance industry for 4 years, I just got my license back. Although some good relationships as well as bad relationships were formed. It was a very costly lesson learned! If you want the nitty on the bs you can call me at 773-990-0252

Thank you so much for writing this post. I signed up with NAA but never really went forward with them. It felt too much like Amway (something my parents did when I was a kid). This confirmed my suspicion and helped me make a decision to move forward with a traditional company to at least get good training first.

NAA has some sort of "captivating" hold with the companies they represent on agents that even just signed up for their program.

I spoke to a couple of agents that simply filled out paperwork for Columbian and Foresters (both have just in time contracting), without writing any business and they tried to re-contract only to find out that they had to wait 6 months to 1 year without writing any biz with these companies to place their contracts elsewhere.

New agents that are even just simply reviewing their website should be very careful before they sign anything with them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ah, thumbs down on every post from the NAA agent among us.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back