NAA New Agent, Should I Stay or Jump Ship?

I want to leave NAA. Is the only thing I need to do is not write business for them for 12 months. I'd like to go back to my old agency where independent meant being independent. I went to NAA for the cheaper aged leads but liked my old setup better. I'd prefer to generate my own leads which gives me the freedom to put my customers with the company that best suits them rather than being locked into an agencies lead rules. Has anyone else been with them and left? How did you do it? Did you lose all of the business that you wrote?

We have had a few agents come on board with us after contracting and writing with NAA. Got them contracted with enough good competitive companies that they can write around NAA and let the 6 or 12 month "time out" run its course and move whatever contract over.

Never did NAA but NEVER have I ever heard an agent say to me they been there, done that and still doing it.

So making "career ending" NAA mistake is not the end of the world. Sometimes we think it is wolves, but it was only coyotes.

I left them as of last week. I called and left messages with my upline and all of the numbers that I was redirected to. After a week of no replies I decided to drop them and return to my old company that had much better customer service, better commissions, and producer support. Now I feel much happier and less restricted.:)

I want to leave NAA. Is the only thing I need to do is not write business for them for 12 months. I'd like to go back to my old agency where independent meant being independent. I went to NAA for the cheaper aged leads but liked my old setup better. I'd prefer to generate my own leads which gives me the freedom to put my customers with the company that best suits them rather than being locked into an agencies lead rules. Has anyone else been with them and left? How did you do it? Did you lose all of the business that you wrote?

Yes, you only have to sit out on the companies you have through them. Plenty of other companies to sell.

Kick them to the curb and never look back.

Actually after not receiving a reply to my questions from my upline I did what I use to do under my old GA who I'm now back with. I went directly to the company's that I work for and explained what was going on. I asked both companies directly what I needed to do in order to switch my contract from NAA to my old GA. They said to simply resubmit my contracting papers from my previous company. Once my contract was changed with one of the companies I needed to submit a change of producer form and have it signed by my client stating that they would like me to continue as the agent on record for their case. So long story short I got to keep my companies and keep my clients. If you are with a company and they don't take into consideration your concerns go dircetly to the insurance company. They want your business and atleast they answer right away.:)

I was with NAA and built an agency that produced 1.4 million in annual premium. I got the ring and all that sh*t. When the bottom falls out, look out! I've been out of the insurance industry for 4 years, I just got my license back. Although some good relationships as well as bad relationships were formed. It was a very costly lesson learned! If you want the nitty on the bs you can call me at 773-990-0252

What happened with NAA and you?

I wouldn't sweat their non-compete. You were probably contracted with Phoenix to sell their simplified issue term. But as stated before, there's plenty of other companies that have such products.

I do not like captive agreements. I know with some companies (such as AIG Special Agencies), you can "ask" your upline/recruiter to sign a release. Otherwise, you have to wait 12 months. I know of this specifically with AIG "Special Agencies"... I don't know if it applies to a regular broker representing AIG.

This email I just got from 1 of their recruiters'
"Yes, about 200 of us came from NAA and the court case is still dragging on. What most people are not aware of is since 2002 NAA has sued a whole bunch of people and their SOP is to drag it out until time to go to trial and then either drop or settle the case. So far we have won every motion and we are however under a court order not to recruit anyone who is an active NAA agent. We therefore have some affidavits we get people to sign stating they are not currently an active NAA agent and get notarized to cover the court order.

One the other hand Family First Life agents in 2014, our first year, wrote $13 million in issue paid life and $10 million in annuities and we are on track for the first half of 2015 to more than double that. I don't believe in talking bad about another company just be assured we are a solid marketing organization, we are going to win the court case, and we have a program for agents which is very good in the industry. Our contract rates go as high as a 140% contract and we have great products and carriers. I will attach some additional information"

Back