Nationwide Agents and Experts; Please Help!

Rib217

I am working for State Farm currently and have been for the last 15 months. I am on their career track and am preparing to interview with them to go into agency. However,

My father has been an agent for Nationwide Insurance for over 20 years and is currently trying to get information from them on what they have to offer compared to State Farm.

When I meet with State Farm they of course say they treat their agents better than anyone by far. That their bonuses are better, their assistance and training is better, and on and on they go about how it is so much better to be with State Farm.

IS THIS TRUE? Does Nationwide help their new agents get started? do they have good bonuses etc. My dad has made a very good living so I know you can make just as much with Nationwide as State Farm but is it harder to do and are you left to do it without any help?

I'm torn with what direction i should go. With Nationwide i would certainly have an opportunity to take on some of my Dad's business when he retires which i view as a big benefit. But is that enough?

Are they all going to say how much better they are than the others or does State Farm really have that much of an advantage? Thanks so much for any information!

I have tons of information on State Farm. I'm pretty far along the process and am preparing to interview with them.

I am really looking for information on Nationwide. Experiences anyone has as agents. Does Nationwide take care of their agents well? Do they have good bonuses and set up programs? How long does it take to get started with Nationwide.

State Farm is a pretty lengthy process.

I did check out that other thread previous to posting but was hoping to get a bit more info; plus the other thread hasnt been discussed since 2006 if i saw correctly. Alot can change in two years.

Any Nationwide Agents out there that can help?

I have tons of information on State Farm. I'm pretty far along the process and am preparing to interview with them.

I am really looking for information on Nationwide. Experiences anyone has as agents. Does Nationwide take care of their agents well? Do they have good bonuses and set up programs? How long does it take to get started with Nationwide.

State Farm is a pretty lengthy process.

I did check out that other thread previous to posting but was hoping to get a bit more info; plus the other thread hasnt been discussed since 2006 if i saw correctly. Alot can change in two years.

Any Nationwide Agents out there that can help?

You stated that your father has been a Nationwide agent for 20 years. Wouldnt he be the pathway to finding out about Nationwide?

Winter

You stated that your father has been a Nationwide agent for 20 years. Wouldnt he be the pathway to finding out about Nationwide?

Winter

I absolutely am going through my father but am always looking for more opinions and experiences by others. Since this would be quite a commitment i hope to have as many opinions and as much info as possible.

DON'T GO WITH NATIONWIDE. I think NW used to treat their new agents well. But that was a long time ago. Now they just use new agents to generate business, kick them out, and sell the business to their existing agents. This is happening all over the country. They set unreasonable production targets, give you 3 months to meet those targets, and start the process of forcing you out. In some cases agents who had been in the new agent program for 2.5 - 3 years were shoved out. also don't believe anything they say, not the proformas or their contracts.

Run don't walk away from Nationwide.

DON'T GO WITH NATIONWIDE. I think NW used to treat their new agents well. But that was a long time ago. Now they just use new agents to generate business, kick them out, and sell the business to their existing agents. This is happening all over the country. They set unreasonable production targets, give you 3 months to meet those targets, and start the process of forcing you out. In some cases agents who had been in the new agent program for 2.5 - 3 years were shoved out. also don't believe anything they say, not the proformas or their contracts.

Run don't walk away from Nationwide.

This post is interesting...

...Shone, is this from personal experience?

I think that starting your own agency is always gonna be a
tough start...probably not even going to make any money in the 1st few years or so you have to have that built into your gameplan. They do offer nice bonuses and incentives to hit your goals.
But just like any company if you don't meet your goals regularly then you're gonna be in a world of hurt, no more or less then state farm, farmers, or allstate I would imagine.

This agency that I'm working at has been here for about 2&1/2 years with a first time agent and it is going very nicely. No, nationwide is not selling the book of business to new agents or anything like that, it helps if you hit your goals consistently.

No matter who you start with your success will vary on how well your agency does. I have not had any bad experiences with nationwide myself. They are still working some of the bugs out here in california but overall not a bad company.

Maybe other agents have had different experiences?

Back