Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance

Reply to Need Advise on a Suitable IMO     
Old 08-18-2017, 10:17 AM   #1

State: bandoayan is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Need Advise on a Suitable IMO Need Advise on a Suitable IMO
I am a new agent in the metro Atlanta area, currently looking forward to make an entry in the Mortgage Protection area. Currently I have a full time job and would do this part time. Accordingly I do not expect a high production level to sustain an individual mailer. So I am looking for an IMO which can provide me with decent contracts and a support in fresh leads along with some training. While researching my options I have talked to the following IMO's and got quotes below for price of fresh DM leads and commission structure:

1) Levinson - 80% commission with $18 fresh DM leads (goes up with production)
2) Asurea - 80% commission with $18 leads with min 5 leads per week (They have 100% with $25 lead but needs a minimum production of 10k per month)
3) Equis - 80% commission with $41 leads (Aged leads are available at a lower cost but I have limited time to do justice to them)
4) Leazer Group - 80% commission with $41 leads
5) Family First - 90% commission with $45 leads

I also talked to Symmetry and NAA but they have a much lower commission and high lead cost. I am very impressed with the youtube videos of Gordon Marketingand will talk to them soon.

Gurus, please advise which way I should proceed.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Need Advise on a Suitable IMO
Old 08-18-2017, 11:57 AM   #2
Guru
Glen Shelton on Need Advise on a Suitable IMO

State: Glen Shelton is an Insurance Agent from Oregon
Glen Shelton is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Need Advise on a Suitable IMO Re: Need Advise on a Suitable IMO
Originally Posted by bandoayan View Post
I am a new agent in the metro Atlanta area, currently looking forward to make an entry in the Mortgage Protection area. Currently I have a full time job and would do this part time. Accordingly I do not expect a high production level to sustain an individual mailer. So I am looking for an IMO which can provide me with decent contracts and a support in fresh leads along with some training. While researching my options I have talked to the following IMO's and got quotes below for price of fresh DM leads and commission structure:

1) Levinson - 80% commission with $18 fresh DM leads (goes up with production)
2) Asurea - 80% commission with $18 leads with min 5 leads per week (They have 100% with $25 lead but needs a minimum production of 10k per month)
3) Equis - 80% commission with $41 leads (Aged leads are available at a lower cost but I have limited time to do justice to them)
4) Leazer Group - 80% commission with $41 leads
5) Family First - 90% commission with $45 leads

I also talked to Symmetry and NAA but they have a much lower commission and high lead cost. I am very impressed with the youtube videos of Gordon Marketingand will talk to them soon.

Gurus, please advise which way I should proceed.
I have heard good things about Equis and I think Levinson for Mortgage Protection. I would also recommend speaking with Skipper ...

Mortgage Protection Life Insurance Market Insights with Patrick Pegram – SellTermLife.com

Have you thought about Final Expense at all or are you sold on MP??

Buy Exclusive Telemarketing Insurance Leads.

Visit Lead Heroes Insurance Marketing Blog.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #3

Need Advise on a Suitable IMO Re: Need Advise on a Suitable IMO bandoayan is the thread starter for: Need Advise on a Suitable IMO

Originally Posted by Glen Shelton View Post
I have heard good things about Equis and I think Levinson for Mortgage Protection. I would also recommend speaking with Skipper ...

I talked someone from Equis but they need you to buy about 20 leads a week at $28 per lead. At this time I have a full time job (9 to 5 for 5 days), which I cannot leave due to the benefits associated with it, I will not be able to handle 20 leads per week.

I did consider Final Expense but as other folks in this forum mentioned that FE appointments are made during normal business hours whereas Mortgage Protection appointments are mostly on evenings and weekends so I got kind of sold on to MP
Old 08-21-2017, 10:08 AM   #4

Need Advise on a Suitable IMO Re: Need Advise on a Suitable IMO bandoayan is the thread starter for: Need Advise on a Suitable IMO

Originally Posted by Glen Shelton View Post
I have a full time 9-5 job which I cannot quit at this time. So considering my available hours for business, I am looking for MP instead of FE.
Reply to Need Advise on a Suitable IMO 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance