Need Help With Business Plan!

RicFlairII

Expert
I hope this is the right category, feel fre to change it if it is not.

I am a P&C agency owner and am getting ready to pick up a couple
of new companies.

I have a lot of experience, but to my surprise these companies want
a business plan.

I have never had one ask for one before, and dont even have one ready.

Has anyone done one before that they could offer a template for? If you
do, first of all- thanks, and second, I will pay you for it. PM me if you
can help.

PS- I am on a deadline Thanks

Mission
- Why you in this biz
- lifestyle and family goals or whatever
vision
- St goals (1-3 yrs)- financial
- lt goals - financial
growth projection
SWOT analysis
target markets
your centers of influence
the demographics of your natural market
prospecting plan
Training goals

It's sales so this is more of a marketing focused plan. Be honest with yourself. they'll help you tweak the plan if they like you. but if its unrralistic they'll know and you'll fail.

I hope Steve has what you need. I suspect that he will.

The main question I would be asking is "who needs the business plan and why?"

For acquiring companies, my guess would be that banks need to see it - for business lending purposes?

You might need some software to help you design your plan.

If you were just a sales agent, the business plan would be "talk to people and sell" and the next year, it's "more". It's easy. But for banks or other lenders/investors, they'll want to see more.

You mentioned that you are an experienced P&C agent; have you inquired as to why they want your business plan? Seems to me they have it twisted in the wrong direction. You are offering the commodity by requesting the opportunity to market their product; they aren't doing you a favor. You have not experienced this before, and you have represented other carriers. What makes these two so special?

I hope this is the right category, feel fre to change it if it is not. I am a P&C agency owner and am getting ready to pick up a couple of new companies. I have a lot of experience, but to my surprise these companies want a business plan. I have never had one ask for one before, and dont even have one ready. Has anyone done one before that they could offer a template for? If you do, first of all- thanks, and second, I will pay you for it. PM me if you can help. PS- I am on a deadline Thanks

Sounds like MetLife auto & home. They just want a simple "how are you going to meet production requirements" plan is what they are really asking for.... Don't over think it.

Sounds like MetLife auto & home. They just want a simple "how are you going to meet production requirements" plan is what they are really asking for.... Don't over think it.

Good guess. That is one of them.

And, no (to the poster a few spots above), it does not involve any loans (no need).

I have plenty of companies so I dont know if I even want to pick up these
companies that want a business plan. I have been an agency owner for
30 years, if my plan didnt work a little bit I wouldnt have stayed so long!

Thanks to Steve, I appreciate the info.

Back