Need Some FE Phone Sales Help

fetam

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
*I will put my story at the end of the post. If you care to read it to understand where I'm coming from then great. No need to read it if you don't plan on helping me.*

Please keep in mind I AM IN UTAH...but would like to sell to Idaho, Nevada, and Arizona over phone.

I need a few companies to sell FE over the phone 100%. I also would like a few more that are good to have in my bag to be competitive. I have read for days on the board, but every post seems to contradict the next. So far this is what I have found. Please, oh please correct me if I'm wrong.

Foresters - No phone sales but good company
Royal Neighbors - Jdeasy swears by them. Complete phone sale?
Colorado Bankers - No phone sales, good smokers rates
Oxford Life - No phone sales, but one of the cheapest
Settlers - Not in my state
Monumental - No phone sales, easy approval?
Assurity Life - YES phone? Are they any good?
Baltimore Life - Yes phone? Are they any good?

I really just don't know were to start. Any help would be greatly appreciate. You are more than welcome to post or PM me offers. Couple things though.

1. I won't go captive, that's just not my thing.
2. I'm not interested in buying your leads. I'll generate my own.
3. I am looking for 90%-105% contract.
4. At least 50% advanced.
5. Must have the ability to sell at least 50% prospect by phone only.

I don't need easy money. I will work my ass off for it. 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. I can cold call for 6 hours a day no problem. Been there done that for years. I plan on doing MedSupp with Frank for a lasting career, but need the bigger commissions from FE now, plus I'm sure I will always sell FE with cross sales on MedSupp. I am not looking for a hand out, just a helping hand with this

Thanks to all that reply...

****My Story

I passed my exam 2 months ago with good money in the bank. Good to go. Found out my partner of past business didn't pay our taxes so they wouldn't give me my license until I paid it. Finally paid my $14,890 to get my insurance license. Now I'm almost broke. No regular job. Small stream of income coming from past web design jobs. Not enough to pay the bills in the future.

I have a 17year old daughter that is critically ill and is pretty much disabled and can't walk or eat on her own. Don't see her living much more than 1-2 years. But I need to be home with her for this time. I love her too much to go work at Wal-Mart and be away from her all day. I do have the ability to leave for some appointments since we have a home health nurse for a few hours a day. This is why I need some companies with phone sale capability and some ok with F2F.

Last edited:
You have the companies sorted out pretty well. I think Forresters has become good for phone now.
I would call Brad Aden for the contracting you need.
FE phone sales is a real long shot and even more so without several years of face to face under your belt.
Good luck with it.

*I will put my story at the end of the post. If you care to read it to understand where I'm coming from then great. No need to read it if you don't plan on helping me.*

Please keep in mind I AM IN UTAH...but would like to sell to Idaho, Nevada, and Arizona over phone.

I need a few companies to sell FE over the phone 100%. I also would like a few more that are good to have in my bag to be competitive. I have read for days on the board, but every post seems to contradict the next. So far this is what I have found. Please, oh please correct me if I'm wrong.

I really just don't know were to start. Any help would be greatly appreciate. You are more than welcome to post or PM me offers. Couple things though.

I don't need easy money. I will work my ass off for it. 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. I can cold call for 6 hours a day no problem. Been there done that for years. I plan on doing MedSupp with Frank for a lasting career, but need the bigger commissions from FE now, plus I'm sure I will always sell FE with cross sales on MedSupp. I am not looking for a hand out, just a helping hand with this

****My Story

I passed my exam 2 months ago with good money in the bank. Good to go. Found out my partner of past business didn't pay our taxes so they wouldn't give me my license until I paid it. Finally paid my $14,890 to get my insurance license. Now I'm almost broke. No regular job. Small stream of income coming from past web design jobs. Not enough to pay the bills in the future.

I have a 7year old daughter that is critically ill and is pretty much disabled and can't walk or eat on her own. Don't see her living much more than 1-2 years. But I need to be home with her for this time. I love her too much to go work at Wal-Mart and be away from her all day. I do have the ability to leave for some appointments since we have a home health nurse for a few hours a day. This is why I need some companies with phone sale capability and some ok with F2F.

I can help you out. Call Greg 252-292-3350.

I actually would think Greg would be the first choice to start with phone sales except you said you don't want captive or leads.
Greg is the only agent I know of that has stuck with the phone sales model year after year. I assume he must be one of the best at it.

****My Story

I have a 7year old daughter that is critically ill and is pretty much disabled and can't walk or eat on her own. Don't see her living much more than 1-2 years. But I need to be home with her for this time. I love her too much to go work at Wal-Mart and be away from her all day. I do have the ability to leave for some appointments since we have a home health nurse for a few hours a day. This is why I need some companies with phone sale capability and some ok with F2F.

RNA allows sales that are not face to face. It's not really "phone sales" the way other companies do it. They have to have a wet signature. You can gather all the info by phone and then mail the app to the proposed insured for signature and they mail it back to you. It cannot be a fax or email sig.

You must note on the application that you did not see them face to face and they will do a phone interview in 100% of these cases.

I don't know that they want an agent to make it a business model, but, it is allowed. I've done a few and it wasn't a problem. All the ones I have done have been children or relatives of current clients that live away from here and they were referred to me by my clients. In most cases the payor has been local to me and I did go see then and get their signature.

If you have Foresters, Assurity and RNA in your bag you'll be in pretty good shape. Good luck on your journey, but if you'll spend 6 hours per day on the phone for FE luck will have nothing to do with it...you'll be just fine.

Alright, so if I have Foresters, Assurity, and RNA then I'm good? Can I just contract with them directly or have to go through someone else for that? Do I need E&O right away with this or can I wait for like my first 3-4 sales to get above water?

*I also said I was broke, but that just means I only have 3 months of living expenses left. Almost to the penny. It doesn't mean that I have $0 to my name, just for clarification.

Alright, so if I have Foresters, Assurity, and RNA then I'm good? Can I just contract with them directly or have to go through someone else for that? Do I need E&O right away with this or can I wait for like my first 3-4 sales to get above water?

*I also said I was broke, but that just means I only have 3 months of living expenses left. Almost to the penny. It doesn't mean that I have $0 to my name, just for clarification.

You'll want to / need to get E & O right away. It'll cost $420. I'd throw Americo into the mix so that you can have one for really tough cases, but someone else out there may disagree.

Back