New Agency Looking for A+ Company

j weber

I am in need of a quality company in Wisconsin to sell for. I have just started my own agency approximately 2 months ago. I have 16 years experience in Minnesota being an adjuster and 7 years experience in Wisconsin as an agent. I would like to sell Pekin Insurance but at this point my agency is just to small for them. I currently have 4 companies I am selling for, but none of them have a real good commercial side and/or home and auto bundling. I need a company to put many of my Erie and IMT clients with....Please give any advise

Wow, your Erie clients ? Is something up with Erie in Wisconsin?

Do you have a written, aggressive marketing/business plan? Most carriers who are worth having, want to deal with good marketers....according to the reps who've signed us up in the past few years.

No love erie but im in the same town as my old agency so they wont give me my own contract would love just to transfer my clients but erie needs to download so its impossible to do until they go online
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have 5 years worth of clients that are patiently waiting for me to find an equivalent company to erie many of them can not stand my old boss she talks down to people so if anybody has a a+ rated company maybe we can work something out

Last edited:
I would try to open your own Erie agency. I am two buildings down from another Erie agent but I had a good business plan. I guess if you are in a lower population area they are more strict.

My main competition for my preferred clients are Travelers and Encompass with Safeco being competitive when the stars align. Try reaching out to them if you have experience but they may require that you have a book of business.

Or couldn't you try to work for another Erie agent or is there only one that is close to where you live?

I would love to start an Erie office. The problem with that is that they will not give me my own contract because they are afraid if they do that my previous agency that I worked at will fold and they dont want to be in the middle of that. I have 2/3 of the erie business through that agency. If I take them and she folds then they will consider me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am in a small populated area with alot of protection class 9 and 10......will check on those 3 companies though....I was hoping to get ahold of an agent that I could use their contract and give them 10-15% of my commissions until I grow....maybe a 5 year deal...I have my own E and O and office....Just really sick of working so hard to have things taken away...this time I need to know if I work hard it is mine to keep

Last edited:
Weber - I received a lead from my website for a restaurant in Appleton, WI and there are over 10 Erie agents within a 10 mile radius your area must me much more rural I guess.

And the "special" thing about Erie is how they treat their agents. My personal underwriter (not 800# customer service) emails me from her iPhone at 8pm to get me answers to close business. It's a valuable agency contract to have in the areas they write in terms of bonuses and competitive rates.

What Erie has told me is that since I have the majority of clients with my old agency that they did not want to get involved with me taking all of my clients and purhaps causing the collapse of the old agency. I have now contacted Encompass and they replied right away but have not contacted me by phone yet.....need a company for all of my landlords and general contractors.....any ideas

Where in Wisconsin are you? I am in MN and I place dwelling fires through Safeco and Auto Owners. As far as general contractors, Auto Owners requires current insurance. Midwest Family does not require prior but they still require papers apps.

Back