New Agent Considering Allstate or Farmers

no prospects

Hello, I am a new agent and I am considering one of these two agencies to start and receive training. Even though I have read a few horror story threads concerning both, I am still in need of the training that they both offer.
Does anyone have and real world experience with both and can offer advice on which one to choose and why?

Thanks
BTW...I have no sales experience and I am licensed for L/A/H and P/C. However, having a background in distribution management I have been on the other side of the table during sales pitches. :)

I would avoid Allstate, Farmers, and State Farm.

Use the search function and you will find all the answers you could possible want.

The market is flooded with new agents right now.

The truth is they really dont have to train you.

They can pick from seasoned agents or new agents. Most of the time, unless they don't have a better option, they will just go with someone that already knows the business.

You will have to work your butt off and prove your worth to them.

Talk to other Allstate agents. Not brand new agents who really can't evaluate the merits (or pitfalls) and not veteran or seasoned agents, that will bash it for just about everything they do.

Try to find agents that have been around about 5 years. That is where you are going to really find out how good (or bad) an outfit Allstate is to work with.

Hello, I am a new agent and I am considering one of these two agencies to start and receive training. Even though I have read a few horror story threads concerning both, I am still in need of the training that they both offer.
Does anyone have and real world experience with both and can offer advice on which one to choose and why?

Thanks
BTW...I have no sales experience and I am licensed for L/A/H and P/C. However, having a background in distribution management I have been on the other side of the table during sales pitches. :)

If your hesitant to join one of these companies, you can always go independent and hook up with an IMO who offers product training. Many (good) IMO's possess the ability to not only equip you with products that you'll receive higher compensation with, but also to give you the knowledge base and support to make you successful. Just a thought.

Nationwide has a good career program. Worth Checking out. They are strong in Personal and Commercial P&C and have Good Life/Annuity products.
Thanks. I will look into what Nationwide has to offer.
Try to find agents that have been around about 5 years. That is where you are going to really find out how good (or bad) an outfit Allstate is to work with.
Thanks...will do.
If your hesitant to join one of these companies, you can always go independent and hook up with an IMO who offers product training. Many (good) IMO's possess the ability to not only equip you with products that you'll receive higher compensation with, but also to give you the knowledge base and support to make you successful. Just a thought.
Thanks...this sounds interesting. How do I go about getting more info on this avenue?

I like Farmers Insurace a lot. They have gotten so much better lately: great technical support and great service with claims also you can get access to 21 century client data base, bristol west foremost. Great system and when you will decide to quite they will give your contract value and no need waiting to sale Allstate agency.

I like Farmers Insurace a lot. They have gotten so much better lately: great technical support and great service with claims also you can get access to 21 century client data base, bristol west foremost. Great system and when you will decide to quite they will give your contract value and no need waiting to sale Allstate agency.

So how long have you been with Farmers? Are you a recruiter?

Back