New Agent Doing Fairly Well

Ebell

Expert
Hi,

I am really glad I found this forum!

I am a newer agent with life license. I am with an IMO which has provided me with lots of training and leads. I've written close to 20,000 AP in my 2nd month with the IMO. Considering I'm still part-time, I'm pretty happy with it so far.

I'd like to stay with my current IMO which I do not wish to disclose because it's been bashed on this forum before. I'm happy with them and I've learned a lot so that's all that matters.

However...I would like to add some additional lines of business which my IMO is not contracted with so I can offer clients other options if need be such as simplified issue over $250K. What are some of the top life insurance carriers that you guys/gals would recommend who I could contract with? I do write quite a good bit of IUL business...are there simplified issue over $350K for IUL? I actually make less commission on IULs but I present all choices to my clients and let them pick what's more important to them.

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:
Hi Ebell,

$250k seems to be the limit on underwriting a permanent life policy without a medical exam. (Non-medical underwriting is different from a true simplified issue.) Sounds like you're writing business with ANICO? (If you've participated on a now "subscription-based" forum, then I could probably guess who your IMO is.)

For term life, I know Assurity has their non-med term 350 - up to $350k of term life without a medical... AND it is fully convertible to their permanent par-whole life policy. Assurity will also do a non-medical whole life underwriting up to $149,999. But per a conversation with Seth Groff (manager of life sales), apply for the whole life first, then apply for the non-med term later... otherwise underwriters can still request a paramed because of the total death benefits being applied for.

Hi Ebell,

Sounds like you're writing business with ANICO? (If you've participated on a now "subscription-based" forum, then I could probably guess who your IMO is.)

For term life, I know Assurity has their non-med term 350 - up to $350k of term life without a medical... AND it is fully convertible to their permanent par-whole life policy. Assurity will also do a non-medical whole life underwriting up to $149,999. But per a conversation with Seth Groff (manager of life sales), apply for the whole life first, then apply for the non-med term later... otherwise underwriters can still request a paramed because of the total death benefits being applied for.

Thank you for the information on Assurity! I'm not sure what "subscription-based" forum you are referring to...this is the only insurance forum I belong to. I currently write mostly LSW because they do have great living benefits (wish I was able to qualify for a new life policy now, but I had cancer last year so I can't.:no: )

Latest posts

Back