New Agent at Independent Agency Question

Usually a staff does not get renewals since the renewal is what pays for your salary and office expense and other expenses. If you wan to make more money and you think your up for the challenge just start your own agency and see how hard it is getting paid and making money.

Or work for an agency with products where you get paid. Advanced only can be stressful in the beginning though.

ND New Agent,

I would not work for 25% of the total commission. I would not work in an agency where I was not getting a piece of the renewal. I big piece. the $11 is nice but in reality it is nothing compared to what you could be making on 80-90% of the total commission and 70-90% of the renewal. Any cluster or group would offer you that.

I am sure if you were willing to drop the safety net of the $11 an hour, there is an agency in SD that will pay you 80% new and a healthy renewal %, no ownership.

A cluster or a group will offer you 70-90% of the new and renewal commission and some groups will offer you ownership.

Even as a new agent I would not work for less than 50% unless the charge back exposure was zero.

Back