New Agent: Should I Invest in a Printer?

This morning I had to scan around 60 pages of documents. I just took them to kinkos but I hate doing that. Im going to invest in a standalone scanner with a feedtray. I can pick one up for $300-$600. Much cheaper than the all-in-ones with scanning feed trays. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Last edited:
Go buy a HP Officejet Pro 8620. It copies, scans, prints, faxes. When you need new ink go to Costco and have the cartridges refilled at a fraction of the cost. This printer works great and you can't go wrong with HP. I have used HP from a low cost printer to a super color laser printer (big bucks) and they are all work horses. Hope this helps.

You can get a printer/scanner/copier for $60 and fax through Ring Central for $10 a month at night after the library's closed. At $1 a page(or more), the gas you spend going to the library and the convenience of being able to fax whenever you want, it'll pay for itself in less than a month.

I like fax.com also $9.99/mo. Some months I don't use it at all. The months I fax even 10 pages it is well worth it. Also, I do a lot of 'marketing' by creating a flyer and calling and faxing; calling and faxing, and more calling and faxing. It is worth its weight in gold.

----------

This morning I had to scan around 60 pages of documents. I just took them to kinkos but I hate doing that. Im going to invest in a standalone scanner with a feedtray. I can pick one up for $300-$600. Much cheaper than the all-in-ones with scanning feed trays. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I have a HP Photosmart All-In-One that scans, prints, copies. It was not anywhere close to $300-$600; that's too much. I order about 4 cartridges per year from HP for $16.19 next day delivery; no charge for shipping.

I like fax.com also $9.99/mo. Some months I don't use it at all. The months I fax even 10 pages it is well worth it. Also, I do a lot of 'marketing' by creating a flyer and calling and faxing; calling and faxing, and more calling and faxing. It is worth its weight in gold.

----------

I have a HP Photosmart All-In-One that scans, prints, copies. It was not anywhere close to $300-$600; that's too much. I order about 4 cartridges per year from HP for $16.19 next day delivery; no charge for shipping.

From where?

WTH did you sell that required 60 pages of documents? Yuk.

If it doesnt have a feeder tray for the scanner and scan at least 5 pages per minute its basically what I already have. Just a different brand. A flatbed single page scanner is useless for scanning more than 5 or 10 pages... well, not useless, just way too time consuming.

$300 is too much for office equipment? Seriously?? If it saves me an hour a week... even 2 hours per month, it will pay for itself many times over. Time is money.

How long would it take you to scan 60 pages on your all-in-one at 700dpi?

----------

WTH did you sell that required 60 pages of documents? Yuk.

2 LTCI policies & 2 GULs. Around 15 pages per app.

Last edited:
Back