New Agent Small Book

Emmaus

Expert
Hello,

I've been in the insurance business for years and am going the independent route with only a $200,000 P&C book.

I'm trying to limit expenses as much as I can. Obviously, renting office space isn't doable for this size book, what would the working from home option look like and is it doable?

I won't be able to have clients come to the home so I suppose I would just meet them to sign the paperwork and try to sell over the phone as much as possible? Can I really expect to grow my book without an office? If so, any details about that would be helpful.

Btw, I do plan on beginning to sell Life ins. as well. My experience is mostly with P&C plus a little Life.

Any recommendations/advice about my situation much appreciated! I have read the new agent advice on the forum and have appreciated all the info.

Thanks

Hello, I've been in the insurance business for years and am going the independent route with only a $200,000 P&C book. I'm trying to limit expenses as much as I can. Obviously, renting office space isn't doable for this size book, what would the working from home option look like and is it doable? I won't be able to have clients come to the home so I suppose I would just meet them to sign the paperwork and try to sell over the phone as much as possible? Can I really expect to grow my book without an office? If so, any details about that would be helpful. Btw, I do plan on beginning to sell Life ins. as well. My experience is mostly with P&C plus a little Life. Any recommendations/advice about my situation much appreciated! I have read the new agent advice on the forum and have appreciated all the info. Thanks

Are you going to be an independent agent or own the agency?

It may be difficult to pick up carriers as an owner working from home.

If really worried about the office consider a Regis office that you can go to to meet clients. I started with a shared space office that was about 90 sqft. Another option is see if a local real estate or mortgage agency will rent out a desk and try to build relationships there.

Will you be focusing on personal lines or commercial

----------

Are you going to be an independent agent or own the agency?

It may be difficult to pick up carriers as an owner working from home.

If really worried about the office consider a Regis office that you can go to to meet clients. I started with a shared space office that was about 90 sqft. Another option is see if a local real estate or mortgage agency will rent out a desk and try to build relationships there.

Will you be focusing on personal lines or commercial

Thanks.

I will own the agency going the independent route.

If I am able to get an office space, what kinds of marketing would be best to foster immediate growth? I do have a few major carriers under my belt currently.

Personal Lines (Auto/Home) will be my focus at least in the beginning.

Last edited:
---------- Thanks. I will own the agency going the independent route. If I am able to get an office space, what kinds of marketing would be best to foster immediate growth? I do have a few major carriers under my belt currently. Personal Lines (Auto/Home) will be my focus at least in the beginning.

Hooking up with mortgage brokers and realtors will be your cheapest and most effective way. It may not be the quickest. Join a local networking group.

Quickest way would probably be to buy leads but it's not cheap or east.

Hooking up with mortgage brokers and realtors will be your cheapest and most effective way. It may not be the quickest. Join a local networking group.

Thanks, I truly appreciate your help.

Thanks, I appreciate your input on this!

Latest posts

Back