New Agent in WA State

I have recently acquired my licenses for P&C as well as L&H just a few months ago. I am brand new to the world of insurance but I have about 10 years of sales experience behind me in the automotive and advertising fields. I'm just now discovering this site and have seen the many threads on captive vs independent agency. I am starting with the captive route in order to get some experience and training but not sure what the future will hold for me in say 2 years. My main goal is to eventually own my business and work for myself. Right now I have been mostly cold calling to get prospective clients, I do not want to market to my friends and family; I don't want to be "that guy" lol. Other then cold calling, x-dates, and canvassing are there any suggestions for getting my name out there in front of potential clients? I initially put some work into developing a website for myself but the feed back from my DM was not to focus on that because once I go career I will be provided a company site.

Avatars are completely legal, here, let me know if we can help:

Last edited by a moderator:
jbar, I am not in the Washington area but in Montana licensed in Washington also. I have been in the industry for 30 years but am new to this forum and have been both a captive and independent agent.. If you would like to chat pm me and I can send you my details.

Back