New Career w/ Prudential? Advice please

ZZ123

I am considering starting a new career with Prudential. I have been contacted by them to discuss an opportunity as a Financial Services Associate, which would include a two year training program. I am seeking advice and information on this program and what type of career could I expect if I would want to build my own insurance agency after two years, focusing on car, home, life insurance and offer financial planning. It is possible to build a biz with a goal of $65k first yr / $85 2nd yr / $100K 3rd and maintain?

How good is this training? What questions should I ask during the meeting/interview. What cautions?

I've heard they have a good training program and they'll pay for your licenses...just don't fail the tests the first time. When I went to my Series 7 cram course 5 years ago a couple Pru recruits were in the class and they said they have to pass on the first try or they're out. At that point I knew they had 1 test down and 2 or 3 to go (7 and 63, 65 or 66). And they were stressing.
I'm not sure how it is on the insurance side if you can only sell their stuff but on the brokerage side you're open to sell most mutual funds out there. I think they're an investment advisor co so on the brokerage side you'll have lots of choices.
As for your goals....I have no idea what their commission structure is. Anything is possible but your question is one you should ask in your interview. Also find out how their other reps get business in the door. Find out if they have marketing dollars for you to use as well.

Excellent Excellent...I started with Prudential, they have the best training, great benefits, and the only thing is your captive. I hope you have a great network for clients, because they dont help with that much only the pink cards but they suck!

They want you to solicit your 200 friends and family and get referrals.

They want you to solicit your 200 friends and family and get referrals.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Practicing from another thread:
Isn't that interesting? :eek:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

One of the very hard lessons I have learned over the last 60 years is not to make a purchase from a "starving relative in need of commissions" because they are a "starving relative in need of commissions". The cost to the purchaser is "huge" and the (relatively speaking) benefit to the "starving relative" is somewhere between non existent and trivial. I go down on the books as a "heartless b" for that one.

Back