New to Life Insurance and Asking for Advice

redvelvet

Hello there,

I am new to the forum and have just received my life insurance license.

I apologize in advance if I am asking for information that has already been posted before. I did the search, but couldn't really find what I was looking for.

Is there any advice anyone will give on the best way to go when you're just starting out? I have found several companies online who are recruiting agents, but when I do research on them, I find bad things. Agents weren't paid, unethical, etc. I am afraid of choosing the wrong company to work with. Are there any companies anyone would highly recommend?

Thank you for your help!

Look for two things: first is a reputable company or agency and second is someone who will mentor and train you.

If you get a good mentor, your work will be very easy for you. So, don't search for a reputable company, search for a reputable person who can teach you enough that you won't feel afraid.

Hello there,

I apologize in advance if I am asking for information that has already been posted before. I did the search, but couldn't really find what I was looking for.

Is there any advice anyone will give on the best way to go when you're just starting out? I have found several companies online who are recruiting agents, but when I do research on them, I find bad things. Agents weren't paid, unethical, etc. I am afraid of choosing the wrong company to work with. Are there any companies anyone would highly recommend?

Thank you for your help!
You can be independent. You can be an independent broker. I began by selling cancer insurance (tough sell). I learned to cold call. My recommendation is to find out who your audience is...their income. I would be careful working with a client that doesn't have a checking account. They are out there. I would then recommend a good fmo. I like FIG Marketing. Find a mentor.

Hello there,

Thank you for your help!

If you are looking for a captive agency (that will help with training) I would consider New York Life, MassMutual, and Guardian. I was with Northwestern Mutual for 10 years and am now independent. I would not go with Northwestern Mutual, the system there is set up to take advantage of you. You can go through the long list of negative information on Northwestern Mutual on this site to learn more.

If you are looking for a captive agency (that will help with training) I would consider New York Life, MassMutual, and Guardian. I was with Northwestern Mutual for 10 years and am now independent. I would not go with Northwestern Mutual, the system there is set up to take advantage of you. You can go through the long list of negative information on Northwestern Mutual on this site to learn more.

I take it that the Kool-Aid is not to your liking.

Back