A Newbie Here-been Offered Job with Visionary Insurance Partners-anybody Have an Opinion About VIP?

You got suckered out of $850. Doesn't mean anyone else should.

What a ridiculous statement !!

I happen to love my position and have never made better money since I got started into insurance. I would also put the income of most of the agents here up against 95% of the best agents out there that are scraping for business. This company has a system that performs. If $850 keeps you from a job that allows you to make a much larger income.......that is being plain stupid. I was never suckered and the guys who own this firm have way more class and success behind them than to need a meager $850 from me. So speak for yourself. You have no idea what you are even talking about !! That is pennies for a position like I now have and small minded thinking if you ask me !! I can give anyone that is thinking about working at Visionary Insurance reference after reference to talk with. That is what I did....I called and spoke to other agents and they all had good things to say. So just email me !! Some of the people on here just like to read their own blogs !!!! LOL !! Visionary is a very respectable firm and have delivered all that they promised me. Besides, the fee is for the cost of the hiring process used. They do not charge their agents for anything they provide them once they are hired.

What a ridiculous statement !!

I happen to love my position and have never made better money since I got started into insurance. I would also put the income of most of the agents here up against 95% of the best agents out there that are scraping for business. This company has a system that performs. If $850 keeps you from a job that allows you to make a much larger income.......that is being plain stupid. I was never suckered and the guys who own this firm have way more class and success behind them than to need a meager $850 from me. So speak for yourself. You have no idea what you are even talking about !! That is pennies for a position like I now have and small minded thinking if you ask me !! I can give anyone that is thinking about working at Visionary Insurance reference after reference to talk with. That is what I did....I called and spoke to other agents and they all had good things to say. So just email me !! Some of the people on here just like to read their own blogs !!!! LOL !! Visionary is a very respectable firm and have delivered all that they promised me. Besides, the fee is for the cost of the hiring process used. They do not charge their agents for anything they provide them once they are hired.

Your the same guy who "had a friend" sign up for another outfit like this with an $850 startup. Call me skeptical... but you do not have friends making boatloads with Select or Visionary or whatever new name you come up with in 2015.

Your the same guy who "had a friend" sign up for another outfit like this with an $850 startup. Call me skeptical... but you do not have friends making boatloads with Select or Visionary or whatever new name you come up with in 2015.
I work in Insurance and I work with a Virtual firm, so YES Einstein, therefore I do have friends that do the same thing at more than one firm. I am sure you can understand that. All I was saying is that I am making a much better living doing things this way than I was the old way, and "in my opinion" the fee was well worth it. Just because you are skeptical (over an $850 fee) does NOT mean these firms are not good. There are good firms that have "virtual systems" and whether you like it or not, some fees being charged are the way of the future in insurance. More and More VIRTUAL FIRMS are charging a start-up fee. The fee can be there for an assortment of reasons. There is not an insurance firm out there that would want to lose a good agent over an $850 fee unless that fee made good sense and made things work better for them and OR was necessary. They are in business to sell insurance and the better an agent does the better for them.

I would be willing to bet that if you took ten people that were all working in insurance doing things "NOT" with a virtual system and a specific period of time and then took ten people working the exact same amount of time, and doing things with a virtual system, the ten doing things virtually would be making more money. It is just simple logic. If you see 3 people a day that are looking for insurance, and or talk to 10-15 daily that need insurance.....the 10-15 will do more business. To get the right technology and training does cost these firms a lot of money and they just cannot hand it out to anyone that applies. It is not something that they can ALL afford to do. This kind of position if done right requires a lot of tools and training. In my case the fee paid for the set-up and process to get someone hired and then set up at the position. VIP paid for everything they gave me, which cost them thousands (web site, quoting software, lead systems, email addresses, drip marketing, data base and operating system, time spent training). Being a self proclaimed "know it all" you should have known that. I do not believe in trying to knock someone's firm on a forum that new people are getting their info from because the firm they are asking about is charging a fee for what they provide. It is not like they try and steal your money......I was very aware and made the decision to pay the fee, and am glad I did. They were very upfront with the requirements. I would tell anyone to do their due diligence and make sure they are getting their info from a reliable source. But not to ignore a firm because of a fee.....they would be shorting themselves in the case of Visionary Insurance Partners and some others.

So put your "MODEL T Ford" and soap box away and think yourself into the 21st century Mr. Sshafran and any of you others that have no first hand experience with "Virtual Insurance Sales" and who and why there are fees charged!! You are knocking something you obviously know nothing about and probably would be pleasantly surprised at if you ever tried it. Voicing an opinion is one thing, but making blanket statements and assumptions about something you know very little about is just wrong. There are still honorable business people out there and because a firm charges a fee does not make them a bad firm.

Sorry for the novel.

your money, spend it how you wish. question. what makes vip different? i've been around long enough to know that this is not new. firms have been charging upfront for years. think fe. all claiming the same costs(trng, websites, leads, ect) and benefits (make more $$). virtual isn't new, web based biz isn't new, ask the forum. every company claims to have cutting edge tech, leads, mgmt, trng, yada, yada. what makes vip different?
all the best to you.

I work in Insurance and I work with a Virtual firm, so YES Einstein, therefore I do have friends that do the same thing at more than one firm. I am sure you can understand that. All I was saying is that I am making a much better living doing things this way than I was the old way, and "in my opinion" the fee was well worth it. Just because you are skeptical (over an $850 fee) does NOT mean these firms are not good. There are good firms that have "virtual systems" and whether you like it or not, some fees being charged are the way of the future in insurance. More and More VIRTUAL FIRMS are charging a start-up fee. The fee can be there for an assortment of reasons. There is not an insurance firm out there that would want to lose a good agent over an $850 fee unless that fee made good sense and made things work better for them and OR was necessary. They are in business to sell insurance and the better an agent does the better for them.

I would be willing to bet that if you took ten people that were all working in insurance doing things "NOT" with a virtual system and a specific period of time and then took ten people working the exact same amount of time, and doing things with a virtual system, the ten doing things virtually would be making more money. It is just simple logic. If you see 3 people a day that are looking for insurance, and or talk to 10-15 daily that need insurance.....the 10-15 will do more business. To get the right technology and training does cost these firms a lot of money and they just cannot hand it out to anyone that applies. It is not something that they can ALL afford to do. This kind of position if done right requires a lot of tools and training. In my case the fee paid for the set-up and process to get someone hired and then set up at the position. VIP paid for everything they gave me, which cost them thousands (web site, quoting software, lead systems, email addresses, drip marketing, data base and operating system, time spent training). Being a self proclaimed "know it all" you should have known that. I do not believe in trying to knock someone's firm on a forum that new people are getting their info from because the firm they are asking about is charging a fee for what they provide. It is not like they try and steal your money......I was very aware and made the decision to pay the fee, and am glad I did. They were very upfront with the requirements. I would tell anyone to do their due diligence and make sure they are getting their info from a reliable source. But not to ignore a firm because of a fee.....they would be shorting themselves in the case of Visionary Insurance Partners and some others.

So put your "MODEL T Ford" and soap box away and think yourself into the 21st century Mr. Sshafran and any of you others that have no first hand experience with "Virtual Insurance Sales" and who and why there are fees charged!! You are knocking something you obviously know nothing about and probably would be pleasantly surprised at if you ever tried it. Voicing an opinion is one thing, but making blanket statements and assumptions about something you know very little about is just wrong. There are still honorable business people out there and because a firm charges a fee does not make them a bad firm.

Sorry for the novel.

Did you really just call me Einstein? How old are you,12?

You've contributed nothing to the forum over the years except for a few times coming on to defend these two start-ups that your "friends have had success with." Makes me think you have a financial stake in them.

Just pointing out that your lack of activity on here, save for the same story, new name, makes us skeptical. And yes, it's just an opinion... worth every bit of my $.02.

your money, spend it how you wish. question. what makes vip different? i've been around long enough to know that this is not new. firms have been charging upfront for years. think fe. all claiming the same costs(trng, websites, leads, ect) and benefits (make more $$). virtual isn't new, web based biz isn't new, ask the forum. every company claims to have cutting edge tech, leads, mgmt, trng, yada, yada. what makes vip different?
all the best to you.
Yes...that is a good point. The virtual Systems of today are way different than those of years past. They NOW work for starters !! But as you recognized it is what makes them different than the old ways of doing things that make my statement valid. There are tons of firms that try and call themselves virtual that are not virtual and you do not get squat. So I agree with your comments and I guess there has been a lot of crooks out there like NAA and lots of others that call themselves virtual insurance firms that are taking advantage of people. All I was saying is that there are firms that are legit too that charge some one time fees. I am at work and will detail this question when done.

----------

----------

You've contributed nothing to the forum over the years except for a few times coming on to defend these two start-ups that your "friends have had success with." Makes me think you have a financial stake in them.

Just pointing out that your lack of activity on here, save for the same story, new name, makes us skeptical. And yes, it's just an opinion... worth every bit of my $.02.

I am just defending a system that I work with daily and you put down without any knowledge or first hand experience on. Yes, I certainly do have a financial stake in wanting to have good agents working at our firm. I hope to become a divisional manager someday soon. I also know people at both of these firms and I hate seeing them getting a bad rap when they do not deserve it.

I try to only get involved with saying anything on here if I feel I have something of value to offer that I know about. I do not just write on topics I know nothing or little about. I use this forum to learn about my profession as I am sure others do. The forum notifies me when someone responds to my comments and your comments always seem to be challenging me on something not being true when I know it to be fact for me and my experience. So this was a subject that WAS something I could contribute to. Not to mention that this position has changed my life for the better at a time where I really needed it.

Last edited:

Just wanted to say I'm proud of you for actually reading that whole post....i got through the first sentence...I don't know if people ever hold stock in posters like this.

Although, I do take offense to the contributing nothing to the forum..lol

Just wanted to say I'm proud of you for actually reading that whole post....i got through the first sentence...I don't know if people ever hold stock in posters like this.

Although, I do take offense to the contributing nothing to the forum..lol

Hello Gooner…congrats on your side winning the FA cup..back in the late 80’s I used to go to the old ground Highbury all the time to watch matches.

I have been working in the insurance industry for 6 years after I moved over from stocks and bonds when the market crashed in 08. I have been with VISIONARY INSURANCE PARTNERS for 2 years and I couldn't be more pleased with the company, the income I am earning as a result of my success.

I did my homework …kicked the tires …flipped the hood…researched some of the key players in the company and felt very confident that this was a wonderful opportunity so I pressed forward paid the set up and processing fees and after 2 weeks of training I was ready to work…

In my previous captive positions.. I was running all over NYC and the 5 boroughs…to meet clients…do you know what its like trying to beat traffic on a Friday to meet a client in Richmond Hill, Queens…when your 1:00 pm meeting in Hell’s Kitchen Manhattan didn’t show up??

What’s great is that now I work strictly from their online platform and I talk with 25-30 potential clients per day since I am working virtually I can work late..when I decide to call clients on the west coast.

The training I receive and continue to receive is excellent and I have had the pleasure of meeting several senior executives with the firm at company events and their professionalism and integrity is second to none.

And by the way the member that “CONTRIBUTED” the information on VISIONARY.. I could not agree with more!! Their information was spot on!!

Del

Last edited:
Back