A Newbie Here-been Offered Job with Visionary Insurance Partners-anybody Have an Opinion About VIP?

What do you get for $850? If it's just the "right" to sell their products and their "training", I don't get it. If it includes software, e&o, hosted website, etc.. it may make sense. I've spent tons of money on software subscriptions over the years, but again it was my choice and I knew exactly what I was getting. I have no objection to investing in my business - just need to understand what I am buying and why I need it.

I got their contract, they wanted 375, plus my cc to bill me for leads from benepath. The 375 was supposedly or licensing, fees and training, though they were unclear what states i would be licensed in and weren't specific as to commissions other than the usual "we give out top contracts". None of the carriers I'm aware of offer GA contracts for their ACA plans so they have to be taking a cut from already anemic commission. Virtual Partners or whatever its called does have a website and I gleaned some info from their site about a quoting engine that you can subscribe to. But for details it all seems pretty vague, and the recruiter's claims of agents making 200-300k their first year out raised red flags for me real quick.

I passed on this once in a life time opportunity, Ill probably look back some day and regret it, call me cynical, but I just don't trust insurance agents much these days. :nah:

FYI:From what I have been told they tell the candidates when interviewing that the average candidate once trained and working within the framework of what they have been trained on and given, the average agent makes 85K to 115K as a first year and it will grow annually. I have never heard of them ever telling anyone that they make between 200-300 first year. They are very realistic with what they offer and provide to agents. In my opinion and some other friends I have that work there, they are very good people.

----------

there's something worthwhile if you gotta pay a known producer to ride along, attend a Tracy or Carnegie workshop, or whatever else you find worth doing. But to tie up your appointments with a group that skims off the top for so called "training" from a desk jockey, I'm not sure I'm buying that one yet.

Again, as I said before, what are they providing that I haven't already have access to and how much are they taking for that privilege, anyone know?

Sure, I can tell you that. They provide the proper training for not just the product but the quoting software and then they have really great leads that bring good results for between $3-$4 that also require some software (live transfers). They have contracts that pay really well and they supply support to all the agents when needed. I feel that the fee charged $375 to an experienced agent is very reasonable. The $850 fee is only charged to people who have no experience at all and require licensing in some cases too. They only hire a select few of those kinds of candidates each year. They really are looking for experienced agents that are able to produce almost immediately upon being brought in and do not hire many newbies. :)

FYI:From what I have been told they tell the candidates when interviewing that the average candidate once trained and working within the framework of what they have been trained on and given, the average agent makes 85K to 115K as a first year and it will grow annually. I have never heard of them ever telling anyone that they make between 200-300 first year. They are very realistic with what they offer and provide to agents. In my opinion and some other friends I have that work there, they are very good people. ---------- Sure, I can tell you that. They provide the proper training for not just the product but the quoting software and then they have really great leads that bring good results for between $3-$4 that also require some software (live transfers). They have contracts that pay really well and they supply support to all the agents when needed. I feel that the fee charged $375 to an experienced agent is very reasonable. The $850 fee is only charged to people who have no experience at all and require licensing in some cases too. They only hire a select few of those kinds of candidates each year. They really are looking for experienced agents that are able to produce almost immediately upon being brought in and do not hire many newbies. :)

So is this company the same owners as USA benefits you were pimping last year?

All you newbies should do research on posters to see if there post are consistent, especially when taking career advice via a forum. If you read this guys post from the last year almost everyone is pimping a company. Not as overt as a lot of marketers, but I'd take the opinion with a grain of salt.

I have just completed my first phone interview with Visionary Insurance Partners. I took some sort of placement test and am awaiting the results. If I pass the test and want to proceed, I too will have to pay $850. I don't think it's a lot to pay if the system works as they say it does. I have been a broker for a few years but never made much money because the brokerages I worked for were crooks.
What can you tell me about the company and the position of agent?
I really want to see this through.

I have just completed my first phone interview with Visionary Insurance Partners. I took some sort of placement test and am awaiting the results. If I pass the test and want to proceed, I too will have to pay $850. I don't think it's a lot to pay if the system works as they say it does. I have been a broker for a few years but never made much money because the brokerages I worked for were crooks.

Seriously?:goofy:

Please tell me you're making a bad joke and not just considering throwing your money away because someone has a decent brainwashing presentation!

That's too funny. A placement test for the right to give them $850 smackers.

The other guy touting this, was touting some other scammers in previous posts last year. If those were so good, why did he leave them to go to Visionary.
Don Duryea, give me a break. That was/is US Health Advisers and that garbage that they sold. I'm surprised they're even allowed to still be in the business.

If I remember correctly, way back when the health ins. association scammers of NASE and AHCAA use to charge people ....for the right.....to be taken advantage of.

Some things never change in this business !

----------

Posted By lll3857

Re: Select Insurance Group - Anyone Have 411? They Want a $850 Signup

;)I am going to work there the next time I get a chance and hopefully get interviewed. SIG is awesome and you obviously live in the dark ages !!

$850 dollars must be the magic number.
So how did that work out for you ?

Back