Ohio National Contracting

Vol, you clearly know everything so I am going to leave on this note and go get get drunk in the sun. Who would want to make sure they maximize their earnings? Some of the regional guys of OHNFS are dicks about raising comp levels without proof of past production from what I have heard.

Everyone should want to. I no expert on the ONFS contract, but I recall some bonuses are reserved for the GA. Also, every regional I've met was as nice as can be. Maybe it was just me. Admittedly, I haven't met the Georgia ones.

Icando, that doesn't mean anything. Just explain the situation to the regional. They are home office employees and their job is to find new premium. Tell him your plans and give him a reason to give you level 4 or 5.

Or go contract with njh_lfg. But I think you'll lose more than you'll gain that way.

Also, I have no production. Just starting out.:twitchy:
Have you considered a more captive situation that would provide at least a basic training environment? ONFS PGA Division is built from the ground up for independent agents, but they are not built for initial or basic training if you're not in their career system.

Have you considered a more captive situation that would provide at least a basic training environment? ONFS PGA Division is built from the ground up for independent agents, but they are not built for initial or basic training if you're not in their career system.

Considering the state of training in most agencies, he might be better off with ONFS. At least there is no illusion of training and support.

That said, interviewing with NYL, MetLife, MassMutual, Guardian, and Northwestern Mutual among others is not a bad idea. Just make sure you are going to get real training and support. Too many agencies promise training and support, but fall well short in delivering.

Also, realize that the commission structure is completely different. The career agencies often offer a salary or bonus to get up and running, but pay a lower commission to start with. ONFS offers no bonus or salary, but a higher commission.

I've interviewed with the above mentioned agencies no less that 4 times over the course of the last 15 years, and I've been offered an opportunity to work for them each and every time. While their methodology may work for some, just not me. I would be labeled a heretic and burned at the company stake, so to speak.

Considering the state of training in most agencies, he might be better off with ONFS. At least there is no illusion of training and support.

That said, interviewing with NYL, MetLife, MassMutual, Guardian, and Northwestern Mutual among others is not a bad idea. Just make sure you are going to get real training and support. Too many agencies promise training and support, but fall well short in delivering.

Also, realize that the commission structure is completely different. The career agencies often offer a salary or bonus to get up and running, but pay a lower commission to start with. ONFS offers no bonus or salary, but a higher commission.
I've been a "lone wolf" most of my life. I started my own mortgage business in 2001 and would have never left to work for A.G. Edwards as a registered rep if they hadn't taken the mortgage business out back and put a bullet in it.
I figured since I have a L&H license, I could write Life, DI, and LTC while I originate mortgage loans for my current employer. Deep down, I know my inner "lone wolf" will not allow me to be content working for another, so the logical place for me is in Life Insurance. Ironically, in my youth, I always held this profession in contempt, but it just won't go away. So, I will embrace my new profession and thrive.;)

Well I just left my meeting with the Ohio National regional sales director and he offered me a level 4 right on the spot. What do you guys and gals think about his offer to me? Now remember, up to this point I've never written one single case. I'd appreciate everyone's perspective.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hey, he offered you level 4! It's the top level you can get without any documented production.

Level 5 is when you can have annualized commissions.

Level 6 is when you can have educational reimbursement for industry designations and participate in the group health plan with company participation.

Get going to work! The sooner you move up, the sooner you'll make more (and have retroactive commissions paid to you too!)

They are a forum sponsor and you'll see a banner ad at the top of the life insurance forum.

Just refresh the page until it pops up (only 2x for me just now) and complete the form.

There are various regional reps that'll take you out for breakfast or lunch and get you appointment paperwork and illustration software.

Back