Online Competition

deh

Hi,
Yup the newbie again!!!! As I consider selling FE/Term if necessary I have some questions popping up and props to these forums as I have learned alot from just reading the posts but some things I may need clarification on or perhaps missed through the mounds of information to dig through.

I don't plan on doing web selling. So I plan on offering insurance face to face. Whenever I buy insurance my major objection or atleast what I do is compare on the net. So my first question is: can the net ultimately be the demise of face to face/community insurance? and i ask this question realizing the importance of relationships, realizing that you could potentially be the town insurance guy whom if its 20 bucks a year more they are going to go with the guy they know and like, BUT as I read these forums esp for FE I am seeing that lead buying is important and what lead buying tells me is you are visiting and offering insurance to someone you dont know and they don't know you!

So you go give a quote and they say "i saw something cheaper online" (okay i realize this is an easier rebuttal but as a green as green newbie i gotta hear what you'd say) OR

Let me check prices online and I'll let you know (yup the infamous I'll call you). Now I realize you could say Hey you could die today while your looking those rates up (jk) but I'd like to know what you do when they say something to the effect they want to shop online.

My final question: Can online be competed with...I suppose we can do a value vs. price comparison and maybe that is the answer but I just am very curious about everyones take with online competition.

PS. I am going to give you the "objection response" that I got from an agent in our town over when I canceled to go with an online competition that was so much cheaper, so you cant use this one and Im sure you recognize this rebuttal. :)

"I'd like to see the policy that they offer you so we can compare "apples to apples".

Hi,
Yup the newbie again!!!! As I consider selling FE/Term if necessary I have some questions popping up and props to these forums as I have learned alot from just reading the posts but some things I may need clarification on or perhaps missed through the mounds of information to dig through.

I don't plan on doing web selling. So I plan on offering insurance face to face. Whenever I buy insurance my major objection or atleast what I do is compare on the net. So my first question is: can the net ultimately be the demise of face to face/community insurance? and i ask this question realizing the importance of relationships, realizing that you could potentially be the town insurance guy whom if its 20 bucks a year more they are going to go with the guy they know and like, BUT as I read these forums esp for FE I am seeing that lead buying is important and what lead buying tells me is you are visiting and offering insurance to someone you dont know and they don't know you!

So you go give a quote and they say "i saw something cheaper online" (okay i realize this is an easier rebuttal but as a green as green newbie i gotta hear what you'd say) OR

Let me check prices online and I'll let you know (yup the infamous I'll call you). Now I realize you could say Hey you could die today while your looking those rates up (jk) but I'd like to know what you do when they say something to the effect they want to shop online.

My final question: Can online be competed with...I suppose we can do a value vs. price comparison and maybe that is the answer but I just am very curious about everyones take with online competition.

PS. I am going to give you the "objection response" that I got from an agent in our town over when I canceled to go with an online competition that was so much cheaper, so you cant use this one and Im sure you recognize this rebuttal. :)

"I'd like to see the policy that they offer you so we can compare "apples to apples".

You cannot compete with the online quoters. It is very much in your best interest to not pursue FE or Term.

The vast majority of my clients are online. So what? My clients have something the typical online buyer does not. Me! Online guys do not have special rates you do not. Don't sweat it. If you are a salesman selling price, yeah you better sell to people to ah,,,,, challenged to shop. If you are an Insurance agent be that. Be the guy they call.

Hi,

The vast majority of my clients are online. So what? My clients have something the typical online buyer does not. Me! Online guys do not have special rates you do not. Don't sweat it. If you are a salesman selling price, yeah you better sell to people to ah,,,,, challenged to shop. If you are an Insurance agent be that. Be the guy they call.

You're the asset. If you can build trust with someone over the phone or in person, many people (not everyone) will be more likely to go with you as opposed to a faceless online offer.

Back