Others Knowledge please

qpcomma1

Ok, Im in a bit of an unknown situation as a new agent. I met a guy that has a brokerage.. I was only licensed in life. We talked and decided Id come work with him after getting my p&c... So I did.

Then, after "starting" with him a month and a half ago.. Im still unable to give a damn quote to people. This is where I need peoples experience knowledge.

He says that there is this code that he is unable to get. But 6 times over the last month he has guaranteed me it would be available on "this monday" this thursday.... blah blah. It has become absolutely ridiculous. This code being the code that can allow me to quote insurance. Of course he says get information from people. And Ill get you a quote to give them. This is absolutely absurd obviously. I didnt invest a bunch of time and money to be a joke in front of people.

So to people that have had a brokerage.. These codes. Is it truly something that could cause this madness for this long.. I mean last week he told me they were finally starting to work on getting the code. How can people spend a week working on getting A DAMN ACCESS CODE!

On a personal note. Last night I finally said to him by text. How would you feel if you were me? what would you do? Of course he casually says Im free to not work with him. and forget everything Ive worked for. And laughed at my frusteration with a LOL

People should be killed for that level of disrespect to another person. Its wild how people in business get to act with such impunity in America today. At any other time in history, people were afraid to blatantly wreck others lives. Today, its common place.

Ok, Im in a bit of an unknown situation as a new agent. I met a guy that has a brokerage.. I was only licensed in life. We talked and decided Id come work with him after getting my p&c... So I did.

Then, after "starting" with him a month and a half ago.. Im still unable to give a damn quote to people. This is where I need peoples experience knowledge.

He says that there is this code that he is unable to get. But 6 times over the last month he has guaranteed me it would be available on "this monday" this thursday.... blah blah. It has become absolutely ridiculous. This code being the code that can allow me to quote insurance. Of course he says get information from people. And Ill get you a quote to give them. This is absolutely absurd obviously. I didnt invest a bunch of time and money to be a joke in front of people.

So to people that have had a brokerage.. These codes. Is it truly something that could cause this madness for this long.. I mean last week he told me they were finally starting to work on getting the code. How can people spend a week working on getting A DAMN ACCESS CODE!

On a personal note. Last night I finally said to him by text. How would you feel if you were me? what would you do? Of course he casually says Im free to not work with him. and forget everything Ive worked for. And laughed at my frusteration with a LOL

People should be killed for that level of disrespect to another person. Its wild how people in business get to act with such impunity in America today. At any other time in history, people were afraid to blatantly wreck others lives. Today, its common place.

I agree...kill him. Kill him NOW!!!:mad:

Cut your losses, you already know that he's stringing you along. Secret code....:twitchy:

Here's your secret code. Learn it well. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup , he's stringing you. He's trying to get appointed with companies probably and that does Not happen in a week. Maybe if he was honest with you. Go somewhere else to an independent agent already established.

This simply means he is not direct with any companies, so they take a few days to give him a final number. He is most likely using an MGA that "sub codes" him. thats why he is using the term code. Once he is direct and has a "Code" he can give you immediate quotes. but its not gonna happen in a week. he needs to pick up other carriers.

Thank you guys. I know that he is established.. Ive seen all to much proof of that. He has 15 years as a broker. But, he has been in the process of merging with a larger broker to cut the costs of the gig in half. I believe it did create some problems.. the other owner told me it was an issue. But after being told so many times it becomes silly. I believe he may of gotten cold on me for reasons, like me stating I dont hesitate to take anyone to court anymore, if they screw me over at all.

Im growing so tired of people without honor.

Thank you guys. I know that he is established.. Ive seen all to much proof of that. He has 15 years as a broker. But, he has been in the process of merging with a larger broker to cut the costs of the gig in half. I believe it did create some problems.. the other owner told me it was an issue. But after being told so many times it becomes silly. I believe he may of gotten cold on me for reasons, like me stating I dont hesitate to take anyone to court anymore, if they screw me over at all.

I would think he took your statement as a veiled threat and you may be correct that he has "gotten cold" on you.

Just reading your two first post here. It could very well be what the other guys are saying about him getting codes. However, he may just not feel comfortable working with you and it sounds like you are not comfortable with him. Cut your losses and move on. Life is way too short to be miserable or pissed off in any position. Move on.

IMohsoHO

I would say he was trying to get you a subproducer code so you would have access to the carriers through him. And no, that does not necessarily happen overnight. If he has had a subproducer before, he should have an idea how long that takes. So either something went wrong or was just stringing you along.

My guess is he isn't too hot on working with you anymore. The fact you never brought him anyone's info to quote is probably a lot of that. He isn't seeing much potential so he's ready to cut his losses and move on.

Back