Please Help Me! New to the Industry

Sorry if I came on as not being receptive. I see the Miami market and know that there is business to be sold. I just see a lot of opportunity here. I apologize.

You are wise to be skeptical of "free" advice from the Internet. But anyone offering wisdom from their experience is worth listening to if they appear to know what they are doing. Agent Guy sells a lot of policies. You should listen to his story. See why he think the area you want to work is a bad area in his opinion. That way you might at least approach it a different way.

Or you might learn that it's really his honey-hole and he's trying to scare you off. (I know that's not the case with him but that is always something to think about with "helpful free" advice. )

Talk to guys who have been there and then decide if your BS meter is going off.

But you are right. There is lots of policies getting sold there. If you insist on working there you have to figure out how the guys who are placing that biz are doing it with out going broke while learning. Or you might decide that AgentGuy is right and it's better fishing out of town.

Sorry if I came on as not being receptive. I see the Miami market and know that there is business to be sold. I just see a lot of opportunity here. I apologize.

No need to apologize. However, you are new to this, you do not know what you do not know. Make your own decisions, but why not make informed decisions?

I have been doing this a long time. I still listen to a lot of these newbies. Some swear that this method is the best and others swear their method is better. Everyone is a superstar, just ask them.

On Doug's offer to you, you are crazy if you do not take him up on it.

Thank You. I would just like to take a moment and Thank everyone who has posted and given me advice.
My determination to succeed and to give it all might have come off as being abrasive and a know it all. I should take a step back and realize that the written word does not come off as well as the spoken one.
I have emailed Doug and if he is willing to reconsider his offer I will listen with an open mind and a shut mouth.
JohnC

Thank You. I would just like to take a moment and Thank everyone who has posted and given me advice.
My determination to succeed and to give it all might have come off as being abrasive and a know it all. I should take a step back and realize that the written word does not come off as well as the spoken one.
I have emailed Doug and if he is willing to reconsider his offer I will listen with an open mind and a shut mouth.
JohnC

Lol. Trust your gut. Not trying to start a fight with Doug, but anyone buying 80 DM leads a week better be writing $30 a month. In my opinion.

Back