Please Need P&C Insurance Clusters.

MichaelQ

Expert
Please fellow forum members, if you could please recomend a few clusters for P&C, Auto & Commercial, who do you use? Pros & Cons? any Start up fees to join? I'm in SW Florida (Fort Myers) and would like to start as an IA in January. I'm currently as a producer for State Farm. 2-20 & 2-15 licensed, 6 years experience. If you had to start from scratch what cluster or company would you use to write homes, autos etc. My last day at State Farm is this Friday 12-13-2013 I appreciate all answers.
Tks.
Michael.

Please fellow forum members, if you could please recomend a few clusters for P&C, Auto & Commercial, who do you use? Pros & Cons? any Start up fees to join? I'm in SW Florida (Fort Myers) and would like to start as an IA in January. I'm currently as a producer for State Farm. 2-20 & 2-15 licensed, 6 years experience. If you had to start from scratch what cluster or company would you use to write homes, autos etc. My last day at State Farm is this Friday 12-13-2013 I appreciate all answers.
Tks.
Michael.

Michael the issues with clusters in Florida is that they are limited on the home and commercial side. I would recommend teaming up with an independent agent or going with a franchise like Brightway, We Insure Florida, or Great Florida. Good luck. If you have any additional questions let me know.

----------

Tks.
Michael.

Michael the issues with clusters in Florida is that they are limited on the home and commercial side. I would recommend teaming up with an independent agent or going with a franchise like Brightway, We Insure Florida, or Great Florida. Good luck.

I agree with fearsback. You need to forget the clusters & join/team up with another indy. Make a deal or something where it is positive for them to team up with you and work from there.

I too tried the cluster way, and it was not good. Then I teamed up with an indy, and they just dropped the ball hugely on me. Finally, I found a great one locally and they are awesome to work with.

Good Luck.

What would you consider to be a good deal with an Indy? Also would I be able to write my name in my "door" or theirs? I have heard that the life and health companies will assign a new agent without a hassle, if this is the case (please tell me) I will only need the indy for P&C residential and commercial. I checked with "we insure Florida" and they want $30,000 upfront. I'm trying to save money, so that is out of the question at this time. I will have a talk with 2 indy's and put thing on paper and try to come with a deal and in writing of course. I appreciate your comments, they all help.:laugh:

Please fellow forum members, if you could please recomend a few clusters for P&C, Auto & Commercial, who do you use? Pros & Cons? any Start up fees to join? I'm in SW Florida (Fort Myers) and would like to start as an IA in January. I'm currently as a producer for State Farm. 2-20 & 2-15 licensed, 6 years experience. If you had to start from scratch what cluster or company would you use to write homes, autos etc. My last day at State Farm is this Friday 12-13-2013 I appreciate all answers. Tks. Michael.

Try Smart Choice agent

smartchoiceagents com

What would you consider to be a good deal with an Indy? Also would I be able to write my name in my "door" or theirs? I have heard that the life and health companies will assign a new agent without a hassle, if this is the case (please tell me) I will only need the indy for P&C residential and commercial. I checked with "we insure Florida" and they want $30,000 upfront. I'm trying to save money, so that is out of the question at this time. I will have a talk with 2 indy's and put thing on paper and try to come with a deal and in writing of course. I appreciate your comments, they all help.:laugh:

Hello Michael,

Make sure you are getting a decent commisison for new and renewal business. I would also recommend to make sure the ia handles your customer service because that will allow you to sell more and not have to hire staff. The most important thing of all is to make sure the carriers they have are competitive. In your area on the homeowners side I would highly recommend Federated, Peoples Trust, Heritage, and Prepared.

Good Luck

Business is business. When you write for an 'indy' they are accepting 1/2 or 40% of commissions if you are lucky, on each policy. You are using their systems, and if they are great, you are under their e & o. You need to find an 'indy' who wants to let you run on your own, but use them as 'head office.' AND, you need to be extremely respectful.

I can tell you from experience...if anyone asks for money....RUN!

Business is business. When you write for an 'indy' they are accepting 1/2 or 40% of commissions if you are lucky, on each policy. You are using their systems, and if they are great, you are under their e & o. You need to find an 'indy' who wants to let you run on your own, but use them as 'head office.' AND, you need to be extremely respectful.

I can tell you from experience...if anyone asks for money....xyzN!

If you are interested in teaming up with an independent agent in Florida or getting additional info on clusters or franchises in Florida I would be willing to help.

Back