PMA/Conseco

This is america,and you are entitled to your own opinion, no matter how ridiculous it is ;)

There are some mixed metaphors here.

PMA is divided into 2 divisions: WORKSITE (like Peter is referring to) and CONSUMER (that's who Clark--and I--work for).

The comment that "Conseco has been on the ropes" is--for lack of a better term--bullshit. They bought a mortgage company that was poorly run. It went into bankruptcy for a very short time, came out, and was sold.

They had LTC, but this was a forced takeover of another company by the PA insurance commissioner (Conseco wasn't the only company involved). The original company's underwriting was atrocious, and they went bust and several companies had to pitch in and take over.

Conseco is an A- rated FORTUNE 500 company. PMA is the marketing organization and is wholly owned by Conseco.

Someone has made the statement they thought the policies were overpriced. You're an ***. We have 100% return of premium: even if you get paid $300,000 in benefits (as one my actual clients have) you get 100% of your premium back. ONLY the PMA policies have this benefits. If you contract as an independent agent, it is return of premium MINUS claims. Conseco has returned over one BILLION dollars in premium to it's clients. The benefits on the policies are never reduced and the premiums never increase.

I have never worked for the Worksite division. I meet people in their homes, and have since 2007. I have qualifed for the sales convention every year. I have never made less than $100k per year. Yes some of the regional/state managers are douches.

But I started with AIL, and people on this board thought they were ok. They were lying bastards who did all they could to screw agents. Crappy leads, crappy products, no training. Some one said they had good commissions...I pissed my pants laughing: the commissions sucked (you average 38%). But they did teach me how to sell insurance. I left as soon as they asked me to start lying to customers. To make ANY kind of money, you had to work 6 days a week, drive 8 hours a day, and be prepared to have a LOT of policies fall off.

PMA is a good place to work. Good products, 100% return of premium. They pay their claims (unlike C******d or A****, etc.) A lot of cold calling. A lot of driving. A lot of overnight travel. But you get paid well. Bonuses are great. Clark, I enjoyed Punta Cana as well. Good time at the Hard Rock. See you next year in Cabo San Lucas.

Are they perfect? No. Did Clark earn what he said he did? Yes. Will I work there until I retire? Based on the week I had 2 weeks ago, yes. Based on the day I had today, no

So you work for Conseco. Judging by this post it must be a good company.
eek.gif

Calling people idiots, lying bastards, bad mouthing the competition. Is that part of agent sales training?
lmao-1.gif

The truth is the truth, pal.

I might ask the same of some of the people who denigrate the president on this list...

I'm not "bad mouthing" the competition. We really don't have any in supplemental health, because no one does what we do. Aflac and Family Heritage are the closest thing. Aflac does not have ROP, Family Heritage is return MINUS claims. That's not bad mouthing them...it's just the truth.

The only companies I have a problem with are AIL and Combined. Every thing my manager told me was a lie. My persistancy dropped .2% under company average, and they cut my commission to 20% for 3 months, AND I would have received no bonus. I was not notified of one policy that dropped off...and neither was my manager. When they started to ask me to lie to customers, I was gone. I am not lying to anyone to sell a policy--I need the money, but I don't need it THAT bad. They also wanted me to push 4 year renewable term, and I would not, because I would not buy it myself...therefore, I don't sell it to anyone. Yes, I own all 3 of the core Conseco products (Cancer Heart/Stroke Accident).

Combined originally was a GREAT company. Unfortunately, they have been sold, and many of my customers (who are farmers) own the product. They complain mightily that they have a VERY hard time collecting benefits. That just isn't right.

I don't actually work for Conseco, I work for PMA, which is wholly owned by Conseco. If you don't think are a good company, that's okay...you're entitled to your opinion. Like I said, they are not perfect. I get pissed at them from time to time just like any other company you work for. But they pay bonuses and commissions without looking for a way to cheat you out of them, and AIL sure as hell can't say that with a straight face.

Last year I sold $168,000 in product. As of today, $164,000 is still on the books (somebody must have died). I'm comfortable working there. Ask an AIL guy how his/her persistancy is.

I own it. Most people selling insurance don't own the product they are selling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested in talking with you. I have an appt for Tuesday, April 12. Please email me. angie dot smucker at yahoo.
Thanks.

I agree 100% w/EVERYTHING he said in regards to PMA & AIL!!! It was almost like reading our own story. AIL played out like a bad episode of survivor. Looking back, you realize how many people smiled in your face while betraying you behind your back. They tear each other down to build themselves up. They'll use you until you 1. Wise up to their shady practices or 2. Intimidate them w/your talent... Either way you won't be there long! They expect you to give your all, take your clients all, & offer very little in return to either of you! PMA was a breath of fresh air! Genuine people! Even if some of them are a$$es at times, what you see is what you get. You are appreciated & respected, and your hard work will be rewarded. Beyond the multitudes of bonuses offered, I can tell you from having been on the sales convention trips for the last 3 years, (every yr since joining the PMA family) that this is a fabulous group of people, from all around the country, & from the CEO, to the VP's, to the Rookie's...everyone is down to earth & encourages you to Follow their motto which is "Do good, do well, & Have fun along the way!":yes:

Washington national. PMA Interviewed in west Texas. Anyone suggest if I should keep looking or job on board?

Back