Primerica or Something Out There Better

dukehbg

So i have my license and am not a pushy call my friends and force them to buy life insurance or recruit them. What is a good company to join like primerica that gives leads? Looking at Lifetel Insure as well.. thoughts.? Help? want to choose asap...

Thanks all:err:

So i have my license and am not a pushy call my friends and force them to buy life insurance or recruit them. What is a good company to join like primerica that gives leads? Looking at Lifetel Insure as well.. thoughts.? Help? want to choose asap...

Thanks all:err:

If you don't want to recruit don't join Primerica. Consider Transamerica, Mutual of Omaha, Combined, Western Southern, etc.

If you don't want to recruit don't join Primerica. Consider Transamerica, Mutual of Omaha, Combined, Western Southern, etc.

OP, just go independent and find yourself a good FMO or IMO that will nurture you and show you the ropes. Your comp will start out 60-80% and you can grow into lines as you mature!

So I feel dumb Iv never thought of that.. how would i go those routes. Tevisverrett ? whats FMO or IMO...

So I feel dumb Iv never thought of that.. how would i go those routes. Tevisverrett ? whats FMO or IMO...

Dear Brother, sorry for the insurance lingo.

FMO-Field Marketing Organization
IMO-Independent Marketing Organization

Plain english-middle man that has their hands in your pocket between you, the agent and the insurance carrier.

There are IMOs that I belong to that truly help us, the agent producer, and others that are nothing more than middlemen and order takers.

I have returned your PM, here to help!

so am I. I seem to find mlm type companies. love a company that has multi lines and companies to pick the best prices for customers. not ready to be totally on my own.

so am I. I seem to find mlm type companies. love a company that has multi lines and companies to pick the best prices for customers. not ready to be totally on my own.
Get your P&C license and go to work as a producer for an independent agency.

Home and Auto quotes are the easiest lead to generate cold calling or canvassing, use that as your door opener, to the bigger commission life or ancillary health sale.

I'm a new agent and feel the same way. We sell all of the major products National life, mutual of omaha, Americo, etc. Great starting commission. Wonderful company. Where are you located? feel free to contact me. I can put you in charge with one of the owners. Wish you well. Monique

Without knowing much more detail; all of the replies are solid advice. Hope we've at least determined that Primerica is not the best option for your situation.

There are options out there that offer your the freedom to broker out business while still having the backing of a strong company. The downfall of a simplistic, work for yourself startup style would be meeting local clients. If you're not cross selling Home and Auto with Life, DI, ect. then this might be easier. However, jumping right into Life will require some degree of face-to-face contact. Therefore, from a clients prospective, meeting their financial professional at their local coffee shop office is typically not the desired image.

Best of luck to you.

Back