Primerica

I have a "friend" that constantly begs me to check out Primerica. What, if anything, do you folks know of Primerica? Any personal experience with the company? Know how it works? Anything. I have never heard of them until recently.

HELP!

I have a "friend" that constantly begs me to check out Primerica. What, if anything, do you folks know of Primerica? Any personal experience with the company? Know how it works? Anything. I have never heard of them until recently.

HELP!

Primerica is a multi-level marketing insurance company. They pay lower commissions but you recieve over rides for signing up your "friends" as sub-agents. To make good money with Primerica you need to sign up lots of "friends."

I would stay away from them. You will do better staying independent. You can sell lower priced product and make more commission doing it. And the best part is your friends will not run and hide when you come walking toward them.

I would sooner leave the insurance business altogether than get involved with this ridiculous concept/company. It would be an excellent way to piss off all your friends though...so I guess it depends on how badly you want to keep your friends!

Primerica has, for the most part, a bunch of part-time amateur agents running around selling a little bit of insurance.

Choosing to work with them would not be a great career decision.

Primerica is a Citi company. They offer investments (Smith Barney), insurance (Travelers), cash management/budget planning. I have to say that my experience was okay when I was first introduced to them nearly 11 years ago. That's who talked to my husband and I (newlyweds, Army couple) about IRAs and insurance. We started our IRAs there and also bought a renter's policy. They tried to get me in the business at that point but we were going to be in Virginia for another couple months and then I was moving back to Idaho while hubby went to S.Korea for a year.

A Primerica guy moved in across the way from my office. I rarely see him there. Of course when I saw his sign go up I thought "Great, another latte stand...I mean, investment rep."

I don't think it's that great of an oppty. :skeptical:

I've run into them in the field in replacement situations a few times and I was always able to best their rates with Lincoln Heritage and everybody here tells me that LH rates are too high. That should give you an idea as to how competative they are.

Thanks for the responses. I suspected as much but wanted to verify from some of you that have been around for a while. MY "friend" raked me over the coals for not being interested and, in his words, not having ANY OTHER OPTIONS. I guess I'm SUNK without Primerica - whoa is me......:nah:

Back