Prospecting on Forums

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
First, I’m not talking about this forum or other Insurance Agent Forums.

Every subject you can think of has its own forum these days. You all know how they work and how addicting they can become. Just do a google search on forums and you will see thousands of them on every topic.

My wife is a member on a forum about dog grooming of all things. She just sold a policy from the forum.

It is all about getting your name out and helping people learn more about insurance and how it can help them.

I play on a ton of non insurance forums also. But I’m keep finding myself talking about insurance to clients on the forum and I want to share this goldmine with you

http://www.smileysupply.com/insurance/ Here is one of my examples. This is just one of a ton of forums that I found while playing online. This forum has just about every subject that you can think of, including insurance. As you will see there are clients asking insurance question and begging for someone to answer their questions. Why not join the forums and build up a reputation and help answer questions.

I would not show up to any forum and just start spamming, Hey, I sell Insurance and you need to buy it. But introduce yourself and talk about whatever the subjects are about and get to know people and then start telling people what you do and promoting your services.

Okay, now that I’m sharing some of my goldmine with you. Stay off the forums for motorcycle riders. I’m working that one as we speak and I want all of them to myself.

Every subject you can think of has its own forum these days. You all know how they work and how addicting they can become. Just do a google search on forums and you will see thousands of them on every topic.

My wife is a member on a forum about dog grooming of all things. She just sold a policy from the forum.

It is all about getting your name out and helping people learn more about insurance and how it can help them.

I play on a ton of non insurance forums also. But I’m keep finding myself talking about insurance to clients on the forum and I want to share this goldmine with you

http://www.smileysupply.com/insurance/ Here is one of my examples. This is just one of a ton of forums that I found while playing online. This forum has just about every subject that you can think of, including insurance. As you will see there are clients asking insurance question and begging for someone to answer their questions. Why not join the forums and build up a reputation and help answer questions.

I would not show up to any forum and just start spamming, Hey, I sell Insurance and you need to buy it. But introduce yourself and talk about whatever the subjects are about and get to know people and then start telling people what you do and promoting your services.

Okay, now that I’m sharing some of my goldmine with you. Stay off the forums for motorcycle riders. I’m working that one as we speak and I want all of them to myself.

Great advise! I appreciate it and will stay off those motorcycle forums!;)

Mark, are you a vegetarian biker? That's different! :1confused:

Jes messin' witcha.

Get Well Soon.

Easy to recognize Mark at a biker convention.

He is the guy in a suit and tie, eating grilled tofu and washing it down with a diet ginger ale in a frosty mug.

Great advise! I appreciate it and will stay off those motorcycle forums!;)

As an EFL teacher you should be aware that the word is should be spelled advice since it is being used as a noun! You used the verb form.;)

Hey, somarco, no diet ginger ale. They don't sell that stuff in Whole Foods Market since it is not natural. He should make it green tea, instead.:goofy:

Green tea isn't bubbly like beer. At least it isn't supposed to be.

Ginger ale might pass for beer with a very weak head.

Just like here, posters on other forum's can sniff out a spammer pretty quickly.

I've had a few referrals from other forums I participate in, but that was because I never shoved anything down their throats although they knew what I do for a living.

Agreed, Forums are meant to be fun engaging online places for people to share ideas, jokes and company. I think spam has no place on these sites, the best way to get your name around is to attach a link to a coherent comment!

Agreed, Forums are meant to be fun engaging online places for people to share ideas, jokes and company. I think spam has no place on these sites, the best way to get your name around is to attach a link to a coherent comment!

This place is like a desk doddle pad for me. Breaks up the time between calls.

Hey look someone brought back an old Mark Griffin Post....I wonder when people will dig up his posts about running into his fathers vehicle not once but twice..

Hey Mark, you know I'm just messing with you...

Back