Prospecting

Bozack23

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Just passed the PA Licensing Exam and ready to make the switch from car sales to a captive agent position with AGLA.
I need some advice about a good book on prospecting skills. I realize any sales position requires good prospecting skills and this is one skill I feel I will need to get better at in the insurance field. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just passed the PA Licensing Exam and ready to make the switch from car sales to a captive agent position with AGLA.
I need some advice about a good book on prospecting skills. I realize any sales position requires good prospecting skills and this is one skill I feel I will need to get better at in the insurance field. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is AGLA the same as American General? AIG?

Isn't Enron hiring?

I'm only half joking. Isn't there an easier company to hook up with? I think this will be a very difficult time in history to try to start selling AIG. I think people who already have AIG are VERY cold on the thought of buying another product from them...at least for a few years.

AGLA is one of the few companies AIG owns that is making money. So they will most likely be sold so AIG can raise capital. If that happens it will be business as usual just with a different parent company. Now back to the original question. Prospecting????

I didn't ask about what company I should go to work for although I appreciate the concern and insight. However I did ask about prospecting and if anybody had a suggestion about a good book on this topic.

I don't know very much about prospecting for health insurance, I only work the senior market.

I just wanted to say how refreshing it is to hear a new agent acknowledge that the most important part about selling anything is learning how to prospect effectively.

You didn't say you were looking for a "telemarketer" to set your appointments. Wow, you can't help but be successful.

It's awfully hard to sell a product when you don't know how to find the prospect to sell it to. Read the posts by new agents, most of them are looking for someone to do that for them.

Anyone can sell insurance, the successful agents are the ones who know the myriad of ways to find the people to sell it to.

Good luck and if there is ever anything I can do to help please give me a call.

Finally, some responses about prospecting, which is what the thread was supposed to be about. Thanks guys. I have been reading and posting on this forum for about 6 months now and I have gotten alot of good info here. The one thing I noticed though is there is alot of posts that do not pertain to the subject. Can be kind of frustrating if you are the one trying to get some information.
:mad:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MrBill, Looked at that book on Amazon.com and noticed it had a copyright of 1997. Will these techniques still apply today or will they be dated? If they are dated do you know of a book written more recently?

Last edited:
Back