Question About Cell Phones

I searched everywhere for this and could not find any helpful information. First off, I currently have an out of state phone number. Would it be best for me to get this switched or would it be ok to stay with the out of state number? The states are not neighboring, if that changes things.

Secondly, if I do go with a new number, is it easy/better to have a separate phone and plan for the business? I am thinking it is in terms of taxes as well as keeping work and life separate but would like some feedback to help me make the best informed decision. Thanks in advance!

I would suggest that you go with a local number to show that you are committed to staying and serving that community. You'll also have more of a chance that people will answer the phone because you're local, compared to an out of state number.

I would sign up for a Google Voice number for business purposes.

You can select a local area code phone number.
It can forward calls to any phone.
You can make outbound calls via Google Voice.
Voicemails are transcribed (badly though).

Just another option to consider.

I would suggest that you go with a local number to show that you are committed to staying and serving that community. You'll also have more of a chance that people will answer the phone because you're local, compared to an out of state number.

I would sign up for a Google Voice number for business purposes.

You can select a local area code phone number.
It can forward calls to any phone.
You can make outbound calls via Google Voice.
Voicemails are transcribed (badly though).

Just another option to consider.

Yep, all great things, my wife has become a google voice expert.

Definitely get a local number for business. It shows you are invested in the community. It is just another piece of the web that will attach you and help you network.

Watch local independent business commercials. I am sure almost all of them will have a local number.

Back