Questions regarding being Captive agent

liquidblue33

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
How does the whole "captive agent" thing work? I"m already apointed with life and health companiew through a GA. I'm thinking about going with a large Life company for a while, just for training. How would that affect my appointments i currently have? Also, if they are a life only company, for example like Liberty National, Could i still sell Health insurance in my spare time?

Re: Questions regarding being Captive agent.

How does the whole "captive agent" thing work? I"m already apointed with life and health companiew through a GA. I'm thinking about going with a large Life company for a while, just for training. How would that affect my appointments i currently have? Also, if they are a life only company, for example like Liberty National, Could i still sell Health insurance in my spare time?

A captive agent can only be licensed with that carrier. You will sign letters to each company requesting cancellation of your contract.

Don't believe anything they tell you about training and support. They will teach you the products and then assign you to a manager. He may or may not teach you anything.

You can be independent with the help of this board and skip the training company.

if you go with liberty you can only sell their stuff, however, if you go with somebody like physicians mutual, you can sell life and health thru them plus health through outside sources but you have to give them right of first refusal.

Unless they give you a subsidy or salary there is never, never any reason to go captive. The best carriers will pay you a subsidy and also offer you a brokerage.

Back