Questions, Talked with 3 Companies So Far

I am working with NAA and of course, sold my first policy to myself....50k for 38.00 a month, 20 year term, I think, got paid my commission immediately. I started with them a few months, ago but havent done much since life was chaotic in may and june. About to get the ball rolling in july. We will see how things work themselves out. Also signed with IMG for medicare advantage and starting the process there as well.

Daria,
IMHO, NAA should not have asked you for your SS# in order to give you access to their web-site and were it me, I never would have given them such personal info.

NAA does not have a good reputation as an IMO, and if you are looking for an IMO that will provide you with training and a lead program, there are others out there that will give you those benefits as well as a higher starting commission.

I'd suggest you do some research on NAA (National Agents Alliance) as well as Andy Albright (principle founder) and Superior Performers, Inc. (the corporation). Google will be your friend.[/QUOT]

Hi there, it was not them, it was an agent recruiting for her downline. She has an LLC and a different company. She is an agent for NAA and she didn't advertise for them but for her company.
I know I should of been in more control. stupid me and I can kick myself. Like I said I normally am very careful.
I did a search on the boards here for her company and couldn't find anything also her upline is a big wig with NAA but an agent who also has a web site.
I might call her and ask for a meeting in person. ugh
Not sure if I should call NAA also. Thank you everyone for your input.

----------

I am working with NAA and of course, sold my first policy to myself....50k for 38.00 a month, 20 year term, I think, got paid my commission immediately. I started with them a few months, ago but havent done much since life was chaotic in may and june. About to get the ball rolling in july. We will see how things work themselves out. Also signed with IMG for medicare advantage and starting the process there as well.

would you be willing to tell me who your upline is? Did they ask for your SS # before you signed up? thinking no. I will look through my emails and let you know how her upline is. that should be ok, I don't want to post her name but maybe I should. not sure what is right to do. She said she has been with NAA for 2 years. Who knows what is true.

Daria, NAA's business model is based on Multi Level Marketing.
Level One = NAA
Level Two (or even lower) = the Big Wig you referred to who has his own agency under NAA
Level Three (or lower) = the person recruiting you who has her own agency
Level Four (or lower) = you

What web site were you given access to?

ETA: You said it "wasn't NAA", however these individuals you are referring to are in NAA's downline, so IMHO that is the same thing.

AND, you mentioned you couldn't find any info on her agency. Just seek out info on NAA, Andy & SPI.

Last edited:
I am in Jeremy Patton's agency, but I figured it was worth getting a little less in commissions in order to represent more companies, I am currently appointed by 3 insurance companies, Mutual of Omaha, CFG and Foresters. So you take the good with the bad. No matter who you sell for, someone is always gonna have their hand in your cookie jar until you get to a certain level of income IMHO.

----------

When I spoke to my recruiter, he didnt recruit me. I recruited myself. I gave him whatever information he needed to get me going. I had my license for about four months and only had one appointment with bankers life. They sold only whole life policies and I wanted to get into term insurance as well. They have about 14 different companies they work with and that is what I wanted. I didnt want to only have one option for any prospect but a buffet. You take the good with the bad in anything, if I have to give up some commissions in order to get more appointments, so be it. My recruiter came to show me life rates and recruited an agent instead. So good for him.

I am in Jeremy Patton's agency, but I figured it was worth getting a little less in commissions in order to represent more companies, I am currently appointed by 3 insurance companies, Mutual of Omaha, CFG and Foresters. So you take the good with the bad. No matter who you sell for, someone is always gonna have their hand in your cookie jar until you get to a certain level of income IMHO.

I agree with you, however there is a big difference between a contract that starts a newby @ 55 - 60% and one that starts a newby @ 70 - 75%. There is also value in training, which is another reason to choose your upline carefully.

There is no reason for anyone to take a cut in commissions to represent more companies. Most IMOs/NMOs offer numerous carriers to choose from.

and I agree with you too. A friend of mine had been trying to get me to get my license for 3 or 4 years. I finally did it, she sent me the info to get appointments with Aetna and UHC I think and then I never heard a word from her again. She is leaving everything in my court. She could have invited me to one of their dinners or luncheons so I could get to know everyone working on the team and feel included, but she didnt. I will not be making that mistake myself whenever I try and recruit someone as an agent. I am more interested in offering decent products and rates than I am in recruiting agents. But hey, that is just me.

Do you think I need to ask to meet her? Should I call the state dep now or wait until I see something bad happening. Can she or can she sell my info and they rob my bank accounts? thanks. why or why did I do that. it is so not like me! truly I am normally a very careful person. TY

Healthy paranoia is putting the fraud alert on your credit reports. You've already done that. Don't stress about it further. They'd need much more than just your SSN to rob your bank accounts. They'd need DOB, current address, account numbers, routing numbers (not hard to get), signature samples, current checkbook range, etc. (I was a bank manager in a former life.)

Credit cards are 100% protected against fraud, as long as you report it as soon as you see it on your statement. I think you have a 60-day window for that.

If you decide to meet with her, bring it up. Ask her to show you how and why she needed your social security number. You want her to show you that she has access to some kind of agency approved program so that it was done for official business use. This will help you to ease your mind... or definitely cut ties right away.

Healthy paranoia is putting the fraud alert on your credit reports. You've already done that. Don't stress about it further. They'd need much more than just your SSN to rob your bank accounts. They'd need DOB, current address, account numbers, routing numbers (not hard to get), signature samples, current checkbook range, etc. (I was a bank manager in a former life.)

Credit cards are 100% protected against fraud, as long as you report it as soon as you see it on your statement. I think you have a 60-day window for that.

If you decide to meet with her, bring it up. Ask her to show you how and why she needed your social security number. You want her to show you that she has access to some kind of agency approved program so that it was done for official business use. This will help you to ease your mind... or definitely cut ties right away.

Hi and thank you. Date of birth is not hard to get. But I did call her upline group office # that I found on FB. I talked with one of the assistants to the upline and she knew her and that lady is FB friends with her also. Everyone has FB pages. :) That does not mean I am totally ok but it helps a lot. She is listed as a recruiter for the agency under NAA which she said is the back office for them. I am more at ease. I will call my possible upline agent and meet with her. I think she is OK and I worry a bit too much but giving a SS # without meeting was stupid and I will never do that again. TY for your input.

----------

Daria,
IMHO, NAA should not have asked you for your SS# in order to give you access to their web-site and were it me, I never would have given them such personal info.

NAA does not have a good reputation as an IMO, and if you are looking for an IMO that will provide you with training and a lead program, there are others out there that will give you those benefits as well as a higher starting commission.

I'd suggest you do some research on NAA (National Agents Alliance) as well as Andy Albright (principle founder) and Superior Performers, Inc. (the corporation). Google will be your friend.

I know many of you do not like posting what companies are good but do you have more info on what companies I could look at? Not talking about a Lead buying program type of company. you can Private Message me here also if you have the time. TY
PS: I did Bing NAA and read much here on other threads. The company that I am dealing with that is using them as a back office is not listed on this site at all nor is the owner but he is known well in the company from what I can see. There is one post about this possible company but the spelling is a bit off by one letter.
It was all very confusing as the lady that I spoke with that would by my upline has her own LLC and her upline has their group name and use NAA as a back office. Well for someone not in this business and never heard of them before this was very hard to figure out. She advertised in Craigslist and the link goes to a message site with very little info that had her LLC name. I do think she is legit and maybe a good fit but it was all confusing at first and then the SS # issue. TY all

You should only consider accepting less than street commission if your upline is going to spend more "hands-on" time coaching and training in the field, and even then, that should be temporary.

You don't need to accept "a little less in commissions" in order to represent more companies. IMO's will basically give anyone that can fog a mirror top street contracts without any production requirements.

Don't appoint any more carriers, just in case you decide to walk soon.

You usually have to go six months or more depending on your advance, before you can move that contract without a release.

You really can get by just fine without those 3 carriers anyway.

Back