Radio Ad

wsands

I was just curious if anyone has ever used or looked into using a radio ad to market. If so, what kind of ROI did you get?

If no one has used it what kind of ROI would you expect to get off of something like that?

thanks

will

No kidding - the best way to see whether a marketing idea works is to allow someone else to spend the money on it. There used to be a lady pushing Allianz annuities on the overnight radio, no more. The Blue Cross ad in a local throwaway went for 4 weeks, exactly.

The ones that work are "sponsored" endorsements by a host of a show, but those are really expensive.

Based upon my experience with radio advertising I would save my money. The only exception is I would consider doing a talk radio advice type program or I might also do tag along advertising or endorsed advertising with a similar type program.

I am going to give radio a try over the next three months via internet streaming that three local stations offer. AM talk, AM sports and FM soft rock.

They tell me they have a large number of folks who listen online at work. My thinking is they are not button pushers changing channels when commercials come on, and since they are at their PC they may go to my website if they have interest.

There are fifty advertisers whose thirty second commercials are rotated on all three stations 24 hours a day. One or two sales will cover my cost for three months. Copywriters are working on my ad now.

I am going to give radio a try over the next three months via internet streaming that three local stations offer. AM talk, AM sports and FM soft rock.

They tell me they have a large number of folks who listen online at work. My thinking is they are not button pushers changing channels when commercials come on, and since they are at their PC they may go to my website if they have interest.

There are fifty advertisers whose thirty second commercials are rotated on all three stations 24 hours a day. One or two sales will cover my cost for three months. Copywriters are working on my ad now.

If you dont' mind, how much is that costing you to run the campaign?

There's a Farm Bureau agent in a nearby town that did a radio ad, he repeated his phone number many times during the ad, he had people come up to him on the street repeating his number. I don't know if he made sales from it, but he certainly heightened name awareness.

Back when the MSA (now HSA) came out we did radio. It was great. But we found that after 3 months the response would drop so we would lay off for a month or so. When we started back after the lay off the numbers would be back up again. It is important to match the station to your target market.

Back