Reasons Why A Client Should Use You Instead of Purchasing Directly Trough the Company

Re: Reasons Why A Client Should Use You Instead of Purchasing Directly Trough the Com

I am of the view that role of agents is still relevant though people can choose to purchase life insurance online.

The role of insurance agents is more than recommending the products. An agent is to find out and study the needs of the customers before formulating appropriate financial solutions that can fit nicely into the customer's overall financial and estate planning.

Insurance agents should regard themselves as financial doctors who are in the position to analyze the financial situations of the people before prescribing the right financial solutions.

There are many people out there who are not ready for any unforeseen events. They are as good as having financial cholesterol or suffering from financial hypertension and financial cancer.

We need insurance agents as good as we need medical doctors.

Re: Reasons Why A Client Should Use You Instead of Purchasing Directly Trough the Com

It is always possible that insurance agent will be Home-Depoted out of existence like the mom and pop hardware stores.

However, I've got a big can of "I know what I'm talking about" sitting on my desk. So far it has been enough to keep and and attract enough clients to stay in business.

There a lot of people who want to get their questions answered correctly. There are plenty more who want to work with an agent who knows their name. This should keep us going for a while.

What Home Depot offers is lower prices than the mom and pop stores. When people are given a choice between good service, quality and a lower price, they will often go for the lower price. This is especially true where service and quality are difficult to define or quantify.

As a general rule the policies the insurance companies distribute through agents are the same and cost the same as the plans they sell directly. If the insurance companies get more aggressive about discounted policies sold through a different distribution channel, we may have a problem.

However, I think that the impact of the directly sold policies has already been absorbed by the brokerage community. I don't think that it will get worse in the near future.

Those of us who can compete today will continue to do so because most of us know what we are talking about and offer the kind of service that most people want.

However, I've got a big can of "I know what I'm talking about" sitting on my desk.

That is an excellent statement. I'm sure you have conveyed that many times and it sounds powerful...

I love that saying, and will surely send a royalty or two as I borrow those words. :biggrin:

I look upon myself as a guide, a consultant, facilitator and a counselor

I show them what is available

I help them choose

I help them apply

I help them with the process and claims

and I help them acheive an excellent value proposition by reviewing the adequacy of their coverage periodically

However, I've got a big can of "I know what I'm talking about" sitting on my desk. So far it has been enough to keep and and attract enough clients to stay in business.

What Home Depot offers is lower prices than the mom and pop stores. When people are given a choice between good service, quality and a lower price, they will often go for the lower price. This is especially true where service and quality are difficult to define or quantify.

I agree 100%. Some will simply buy online, take what they get. Others will want a professional to advise them. This is true in everything from landscaping to replacing roofs as well (the do it yourself attitude vs having a professional do it).

People are amazed when I tell them shopping on the internet is foolish, unless you like paying to much for your insurance. They always think they will get a better deal. Rarely happens.

Dan

What companies are selling direct?

That is an excellent statement. I'm sure you have conveyed that many times and it sounds powerful...

I love that saying, and will surely send a royalty or two as I borrow those words. :biggrin:

I agree, this is a great quote.

Hello EVeryone!

I did not come here for a while but hope all of you doing well!

I am looking for IMO or IMFO , GA who would like to have all the agent who wants t oget appointed? I decide to stop recruit since I have no time for this anymore.

please email me oleg @ askoleg.com if you are interested to get all the traffic ?

Hello EVeryone!

I did not come here for a while but hope all of you doing well!

I am looking for IMO or IMFO , GA who would like to have all the agent who wants t oget appointed? I decide to stop recruit since I have no time for this anymore.

please email me oleg @ askoleg.com if you are interested to get all the traffic ?
Aren't you the same guy who wouldn't even have a cup of coffee with me to help me with some general questions about internet marketing? You told me, "it takes work." Thanks for the help.

Oleg, I used to not only like you, but respect you. When you needed help years ago, you weren't shy to ask me and I was happy to answer your questions.

Glad you're not recruiting anymore because you clearly are a user, not a giver.

Rick

Back