Reasons Why A Client Should Use You Instead of Purchasing Directly Trough the Company

Re:any advice on working for metlife

I am working as an independent agent for a co. and not happy with their lead program and like most, they didn't deliver what they promised so now I am looking at Metlife. Does anyone have any knowledge whether good or bad. I am so frustrated at this point because it seems MOST will tell you anything. Please any suggestions will help. Also, about Allstate.

Re: Reasons Why A Client Should Use You Instead of Purchasing Directly Trough the Com

Customers like to see me on the weekends because Saturday is bath day. The rest of the week, they tend to go to the web...

Re: Reasons Why A Client Should Use You Instead of Purchasing Directly Trough the Com

...and if you had that much liquidity to invest in a business you'd buy ANYTHING except an insurance agency.

...and if you had that much liquidity to invest in a business you'd buy ANYTHING except an insurance agency.

A captive P&C agent here in Florida has/will have a very, very difficult time getting started in the property and casualty game given the insurance environment here.

I don't believe State Farm is starting any new agents in Florida at this time.

A longtime friend and colleague of mine (a market manager with Allstate, or whatever they're calling them these days, MBC?, AM?) left a couple of years ago. They wanted him to hire gobs of new agents, and with the difficulties new agents face, and the amount they have to invest, he just couldn't do it in good conscience.

$125K? I'll take a Subway before an insurance agency.

Imagine sales at Subway;

"You only want a 6 inch? Here, why don't you have a seat here, let me take out this pad and pen and show you why it makes more sense financially to order the 12 inch."

Screw that - for 125K liquid I'm buying a Stone Cold and watch people line out outside the door.

$125K? I'll take a Subway before an insurance agency.

Imagine sales at Subway;

"You only want a 6 inch? Here, why don't you have a seat here, let me take out this pad and pen and show you why it makes more sense financially to order the 12 inch."

Screw that - for 125K liquid I'm buying a Stone Cold and watch people line out outside the door.

And you have owned "how many" food & beverage or specialty food operations...? Take it from someone who has owned more than you fingers, stay with the insurance. The food business is murder and in today's economy the failure rate is rising rapidly, as if it wasn't high enough before the econ sagged.Maybe a P&C agency isn't the way to go either, but as you know, if one were to properly invest a nice chunck of change into life or health leads and other mkting, the return is far better than the best Subway, et al, out there; (and with a heck of a lot less headache or baggage... Trust me on that one)

Back