Relocating to Texas. Any Feedback, Market, State Reg ?

eagle1

Hello All,

Hoping to get some feedback from friends in Texas.

My spouse's job may be relocating to the PLANO, Texas ( Dallas area )

Any feedback on the Texas market & state regulations would be appreciated.

I'm here in the East Coast. My state has lots of caps on commission you can earn on whole life & annuities. How is it in Texas? In addition, how's the market down there ?

I'd be an independent. May get my Non-Resident asap to prepare the probable move to TX.

thanks for all the feedback :biggrin:

Re: RELOCATING to TEXAS- Any Feedback? Market, State Reg?

I heard the TX market was already taken.

You will need to clear that with Sti, Josh, Expat, Peeler, TX and probably a few others.

Commissions range from 15% to 35% depending on the company and the product.

Look on the bright side, you will only be around 80 miles from the Oklahoma market.

For some reason I was unable to edit my last post.

Those commissions were for health

Life is around 100%

I heard the TX market was already taken.

Correct we are not accepting any new applicants until 2012, however you can get on the waiting list.

LOL.

Texas is a great big wide open market that is second to none in the nation. Extremely business friendly (just friendly in general) and plenty of opportunity.

Enjoy!

stay out... !!! and stay the hell out of north texas... welcome to texas, now go home...

of course im kidding... or...

anyway, a little advice.... your from east coast? this aint the east or the north... my wife lived in nyc when i met her, tried to sell up there for 2 years with non res. i could not do it...unless u learn texan u will strugle... this aint yankee ville... we is texas...long live the republic

I never figured out Texas till I became a debit agent and walked the streets and drove way out in the country and stuff. I had to really get out there and meet people to figure out TX. Now, this is central TX I'm talking about, a little different than Plano. I am guessing if I were to work that market I would gravitate more towards Ft Worth, and maybe all the smaller towns around there, but that's just me. The DFW area is a big thriving metro area with plenty of stuff to do and places to go. After the first few days here, I figured out real quick that you don't mention where you are from, unless it is from TX.

Back